Ultimate Frisbee Finals On The Way!

Seniors+Chase+Freesmeier+and+Tyler+Willenbrink+Battle+to+win+Frisbee.+

Zoe Dake

Seniors Chase Freesmeier and Tyler Willenbrink Battle to win Frisbee.

Families are finished competing and the Ultimate Frisbee competitions are now House vs House! St. Dominic’s 6 Houses are fighting for the first place title, as well as the 20 points that comes along with it. 

Everyone is excited to see how the Ultimate Frisbee competition will turn out, and who will get the most points. After 20 points for first place, second place gets 15, third gets 10, fourth 8, fifth 6, and last place gets 4 points. Mrs Schuler, the Assistant Principal for Student Life, is excited to see who will win the competition. 

“Since each House held their own unique tournament to get their winning Family, I think we will have a very good competition,” Schuler said.

Another faculty member that is excited to see the results of this tournament is Ms. Robbins. She is in Gratia, and is a little biased on who will win. 

“I think Gratia has a great chance of winning. I really don’t know much about the sport, but it looks fun. It is different from the usual competitions we play and the students really seem to be enjoying it,” Robbins said. 

Right now Virtus and Temperentia are in the finals of the winners bracket, but since it is double elimination, maybe Gratia still has a fighting chance.

Another advantage of ultimate frisbee is it taking place outdoors. As the weather will start getting cooler, taking advantage of this warm weather is a must. 

“I like that it gets us outside and we get to do something physical that everyone can participate in,” Robbins said. 

The Ultimate Frisbee tournament is a unique and fun challenge that all students can participate in, and all students are excited to see who will win. House competitions are a special part of St. Dominic, and we love that it can bring the St. Dominic community together while still having fun.