Ultimate Frisbee Comes to an End

Mya Roberson

Caritas is jumping for joy after the ultimate frisbee finals.

The House Ultimate Frisbee tournament at St. Dominic has come to an end, with Caritas becoming victorious. This is a huge win for Caritas, as they are awarded 20 points and Virtus receives 15. Ultimate Frisbee was an interesting tournament that involved lots of ties, yet added a fun and competitive edge to the game. While Ultimate Frisbee typically isn’t a popular game, this was still a great way to bring Houses together and celebrate the upcoming fall season. 

All houses enjoyed this tournament because it gave students a chance to unleash their competitive side, as well as giving players a chance to burn energy outside. This was Mrs. Schuler’s, the Assistant Principal for Student Life favorite part, as she is enjoying the weather cooling down.

“The most exciting thing about Ultimate Frisbee is getting to be outside to compete in an activity that is new to most students,” Schuler said.

The Tournament was scheduled to end Monday the 26th, but after resulting in a tie Monday and Tuesday, the actual end of this exciting competition was Thursday the 29th. Each day builds up students’ anticipation to see who the winner is, especially Mrs. Kemp.

“It feels amazing to start off the school year with a win in the House VS House competition!  I am so immensely proud of my family!  They rock,” Kemp said. 

When one door closes, another one opens, and the same goes for our House challenges. St. Dominic congratulates Caritas for their outstanding performance on the field, and we cannot wait to find out what the next competition will be!