• The waits over: the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs have arrived

Stanley Cup Playoff Recap

• Finals are right around the corner, make sure you study

Features

How To Make The Most of Reading Day

• Many called Zendaya the best dressed at the 2024 Met Gala

Met Gala’s Gorgeous Garden of Time

• St. Dominic teachers prepare for summer as 2023-2024 year ends

Cool for the Summer

• Newest drinks at St. Dominic: The Topo Chico Sabores drinks

Features

New Drinks and Prices in the Cafeteria

• St. Dominic prepares to host their last events of the year

Top 5 End of the Year Events

Celebrate St. Dominic Day

Features

Met Gala’s Gorgeous Garden of Time

Many+called+Zendaya+the+best+dressed+at+the+2024+Met+Gala+
Vogue
Many called Zendaya the best dressed at the 2024 Met Gala

Every year, the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art invites some of movies’ and music’s most glamorous celebrities to strut daring fashion on the red carpet. The Met Gala, as this event is known, has produced some of the most iconic celebrity looks of all time. This year, the stars were tasked with assembling an outfit to represent fashion from across different eras in order to turn the Met Gala into a stunning “garden of time”.  

Some of the first celebs on the scene of the 2024 Met Gala were the well-balanced team of hosts — Bad Bunny, Chris Hemsworth, Jennifer Lopez, and Zendaya. All four of them brought their own flavor of fashion to the red carpet, even if some were more impressive than others. Bad Bunny sported a bold black suit that borrowed influence from old Europe, and Jennifer Lopez wore a gossamer silver dress that, while not exactly on theme, still looked stunning. Chris Hemsworth was criticized for having a pretty underwhelming ensemble, a beige suit that looked more appropriate for a beach wedding than the Met. 

However, most agree that the best dressed host, and perhaps even the best dressed overall, was Zendaya, who brought two amazing and distinct looks. The first outfit was a fascinating blue and green dress embellished with details like flowers and tiny hummingbird sculptures, and the second was a black, Victorian-esque gown with a striking floral head accessory. Not only did Zendaya assert her fashion forward status this year, she also followed the theme as it was intended.

It would seem that some guests took the “garden” theme slightly too literally, sporting a range of vibrant, floral pastels and neutral, earthy colors. Even if they did not follow the prompt exactly, a few such looks still became instant classics when they hit the red carpet. Cardi B turned heads all night with the largest dress ever debuted at the Met, while Lana Del Ray’s whimsical veil displayed her boundless creativity. Wisdom Kaye, an online fashion influencer, brought the most striking of the male entries, taking influence from a withering rose. Indian-British actress Alia Bhatt wore one of the most beautiful looks of the night — a flowery, embroidered saree that gorgeously represented her culture.

Sadly, for every great outfit at the 2024 Met Gala, there were several disappointments. Lizzo’s nude dress and bizarre headpiece caused the wrong kind of stir, and some people thought Ed Sheeran’s blue suit looked like a little kid’s Easter getup. Doja Cat has always brought outrageous looks to the Gala, but this year she raised some eyebrows for wearing what appeared to be a wet sheet. Of course, the large majority of male guests wore plain black tuxedos, which are awfully safe choices for an event that is supposed to encourage taking risks. 

Still, this year was an overall successful installment into the history of the Met Gala. From the classic to the drastic, the celebrities brought it all to the table and created more iconic moments to be celebrated until next year!