• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Nationaldaycalendar.com
St. Dominic prom will be hosted at Old Hickory tomorrow

Prom is just a day away and there is still so much to be done! History teacher and Prom Committee Chairperson Mrs. Hayes has been working extremely hard with the rest of the Prom committee to make this Prom a night to remember!

Planning for Prom began in early February, and the committee isn’t finished until Prom starts. With the help of the Prom Committee, Mrs. Hayes, who has been planning prom for about 15 years, is in charge of choosing the theme, planning the decorations, and selecting the menu. 

“We meet at school on the day of Prom, load everything up, and go to Old Hickory to set up. We spend all morning and part of the afternoon setting up,” Mrs. Hayes said.

This year’s prom theme is Once Upon A Time. After consulting the junior and senior classes, the committee met weekly to carefully select the theme among planning other details.

“We voted and discussed our opinions about each theme until we got down to the final vote, which was Once Upon A Time. In my opinion, the only hard part has been having to agree and like other people’s ideas. It’s been really fun either way,” Committee member Callie Knott said. 

Taking part in the Prom Committee can be a huge commitment. It takes an incredible amount of dedication to bring weeks of planning to life, culminating in setting up on the day of the dance with the help of Freshman and Sophomore volunteers. 

“It’s definitely kept me busy during Empower Hour and sometimes after school,” Knott said. 

To its members, the Prom Committee is more than just a job. The committee is a chance to connect to St. Dominic and their peers on a deeper level through their work on the dance. 

“My favorite part has been being able to meet with other students and discuss our ideas, because outside of the meetings we normally would never talk to each other, so it’s a nice way to meet new people,” Knott said. 

We hope everyone attending has a great Prom tomorrow! Make sure to give a special thanks to Mrs. Hayes and the Prom Committee for all their hard work bringing this dance to life.