The Cinnamon Rolls Have Taken Over

Lily Hente

Students and faculty raving over the St. Dominic cinnamon roll.

The cinnamon roll is a sweet pastry that is meant for breakfast, but can really be enjoyed at any time of day. The first cinnamon roll ever was baked in Sweden. However, the taste of cinnamon rolls from country to country differ significantly. Here at St. Dominic our renowned kitchen staff prides themselves on having the best cinnamon roll perhaps in the country. 

Here in America, cinnamon rolls date back to the 1800s. Today, cinnamon rolls are very sweet, sticky and can be eaten anywhere. This on the go snack is a breakfast bar favorite here at St. Dominic. Many students claim this cinnamon roll is a must buy at SDHS.

“Cinnamon rolls are my favorite treat. They are good any time of day. They are so delicious and buttery,” sophomore Anne Ryan said. 

The St. Dominic cinnamon roll is a different breed. The lunch ladies delicately create each individual cinnamon roll served at the breakfast bar every day. No one knows what they put in them, but no one questions it. The once very popular cookies at St. Dominic have been replaced, simply because they were not up to the standards of the mouthwatering, scrumptious cinnamon roll. 

“I love St. Dominic because of their cinnamon rolls. When I shadowed here, I was indecisive at first until breakfast bar. As soon as I walked into the café my nostrils were filled with the sweet scent of cinnamon roll. I had to buy one. Right then and there, I knew I was coming to St. Dominic. Here I am as a senior, still eating a cinnamon roll every morning,” senior Ella Catlett said. 

If you haven’t already, you must try the St. Dominic cinnamon roll, it will change your life!