• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Dominic Opens Their Doors

@StDominic on X (Twitter)
Join us October 22nd at the St. Dominic Open House

As we are approaching Open House, St. Dominic prepares to welcome new students, and families to our beautiful campus. Visitors are able to learn about academics, student life, and more that St. Dominic offers.

Open House is an event where all families with 5th- 8th grade students, are invited to visit our campus. Families will have the opportunity to speak with teachers, coaches, Administrators, Guidance Coordinators, and also go on a tour with our Student Ambassadors.There will be many clubs represented at Open House this year, some of those clubs are Glamourgals, HOSA and Book Club. These clubs will be at tables in the big gym, for families to go and explore. 

“Open House is important for St. Dominic, because the more we share the amazing opportunities that we offer, and the more we can show how inviting, and comfortable our community is, the more likely it is that we grow our Crusader family, and keep it strong so we can continue the traditions of our incredible school,” Mrs. Bobbie Peters said. 

One of the clubs represented is GlamourGals, a nationwide organization that volunteers by visiting senior citizens in nursing, and assisted living homes. GlamourGals allows girls to connect with senior citizens, and add a little bit of light into their day. 

“Our main goal is to get future students interested in our club, and let them know what we are all about. When people see the name ‘GlamourGals,’ they probably won’t be able to tell that our club is focused on visiting senior citizens, and painting their nails,” Mrs. Haehnel said. 

Another club represented is HOSA. HOSA, is currently one of the largest clubs at St. Dominic. HOSA builds awareness about popular medical fields, and social interactions with like- minded students, to give them the chance to continue with their future interest.

“At the HOSA table, we aim to demonstrate how HOSA is vital for high school students to get connected in the healthcare industry, and to build up skills that will give them an advantage for college programs, and scholarships,” Dr. Deb said

Last but not least the St. Dominic book club will be joining open house this Sunday. Book club is focused on encouraging new students to find their love for reading. 

Our main focus is showing prospective families what book club is all about. We want students to know reading is fun, and doesn’t have to be boring. We are really a no pressure group. We don’t want to force reading on you, because I think that is why so many students are turned away from books,” Ms. Robbins said.

Make sure you tell your friends and family to come out this Sunday from 10am to 1pm to visit our beautiful campus, and see many more of the clubs, extracurricular activities, and even take a step inside of our classrooms!