The student news site of St. Dominic High School

Crusader Nation

• May 2, 2024

Broadcast

May 2, 2024

• This Thursday at St. Dominic is the annual Crusader Day!

Showcase

Celebrate St. Dominic

• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

Entertainment

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• St. Dominic prom will be hosted at Old Hickory tomorrow

Showcase

Once Upon A Prom

• Lily’s Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Lily’s Letter

• Noahs Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Noah’s Letter

• Alyssas Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Alyssa’s Letter

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Sports

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

• April 18, 2024

Broadcast

April 18, 2024

• Evan Luke posing for his Senior year high school photos

Players to Watch

Player to Watch: Evan Luke

Crusader Nation

Crusader Nation

Caitlin Clark Breaking NCAA Records

NBC News
Caitlin Clark passes Maravich in all time NCAA scoring record

Caitlin Clark is a basketball sensation. She has set many records this season, and led her team to greatness. She is one of the most well known women in sports. She is not only a super star on the court but also off. Clark is one to keep an eye out for.

“Caitlin Clark is an insane basketball player who I look up to, and not just because of her game, but her competitiveness and grit,” Junior Keeley Skiljan said. 

Clark is someone who is driven to win at all costs. Her competitiveness is so hard core, that others have no choice but to follow. She leads by example and brings others up with her. Clark just recently broke the all time leading scorer in Division One Women’s basketball, with 3,617 points, beating Kelsey Plum’s record of 3,527. That same night, she broke another record of scoring 49 points in a single game, taking another record away from Plum.  In the game against Ohio State Clark passed Pete Maravich in the all-time NCAA scoring record. With a free throw in the first half, Caitlin scored 3,668 career points. On average Clark scores 32.2 points per game, tickets to watch Clark are skyrocketing in price. She has put college girls basketball on the map and continues to show younger girls that anything is possible. 

“It’s really crazy to think about. Honestly, if you would’ve told me that when my college career started, I would’ve laughed in your face, like ‘no you’re insane’” Caitlin Clark said according to npr.com. 

Clark has a multitude of name, image, and lifeless (NIL) deals. Nike being her biggest deal out of them all. Then, Gatorade, State Farm, Buick, Hy-Vee, H&R Block, Topps, Shoot-A-Way, Bose and Goldman Sachs. All of which are high end companies. Her partnerships have led her to get a high net worth and a yearly salary per say. Just as a college student athlete her Net Worth gets up to three million dollars and her annual pay is an estimate of $900,000 dollars. But with all the money, she still gives back to others and gives little girls a humble and kind role model. 

“It is crazy to think that Caitlin can make that much money just as a student athlete in college. I just do not believe it,” Skiljan said. 

Caitlin strives to inspire and motivate youth lives through her foundation. Education, nutrition, and sport, are the three pillars that she believes were the roots to her success. Through education Caitlin teaches the fundamentals of science, math, and technology. Nutrition provides youth to be the best in all aspects of their lives. Sport helps the youth build life long skills like teamwork and perseverance. Through Caitlins foundation, she continues to help the youth grow in the community around her so they can be their very best.   

“Her foundation is such a good example for young people all around. It is great that Caitlin is using her huge platform to provide unique experiences for everyone,” Junior Brooke Penrod said. 

Caitlin Clark is one that has caught the nation’s eye. She is a record breaking machine that does not seem to stop. Not only that but she has multiple endorsements that will take her further than basketball. Lastly, she is an outstanding person who can still be authentic and relatable. Clark has a very bright future ahead of her that the nation is waiting to see what she does next.