The student news site of St. Dominic High School

Crusader Nation

• May 2, 2024

Broadcast

May 2, 2024

• This Thursday at St. Dominic is the annual Crusader Day!

Showcase

Celebrate St. Dominic

• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

Entertainment

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• St. Dominic prom will be hosted at Old Hickory tomorrow

Showcase

Once Upon A Prom

• Lily’s Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Lily’s Letter

• Noahs Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Noah’s Letter

• Alyssas Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Alyssa’s Letter

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Sports

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

• April 18, 2024

Broadcast

April 18, 2024

• Evan Luke posing for his Senior year high school photos

Players to Watch

Player to Watch: Evan Luke

Crusader Nation

Crusader Nation

Coaches vs. Cancer 2024

The basketball teams played for a deeper meaning on Monday
@sdhsatheltics on X

On Monday the 12th, the boys and girls basketball teams played for something more. They played for those that are battling, those who have won their battle, and those that have lost their battle to cancer. Both teams defeated their opponents, and are feeling strong leading up to Districts.

After coming in third place in the Villa tournament, the girls played Rosati Kain, and all 15 girls got on the board to win as a team. Every girl continued to cheer on their teammates, and keep a positive attitude throughout the whole game. Rosati gave it their all and continued to guard the whole game. However, Dominic kept strong and did not let Rosati Kain get within 20 the whole game. It was a great win going into the ending of the season. They play at Nerinx on Thursday, and are continuing to grow leading up to the end.

“Coaches vs. Cancer gave everyone a time to raise awareness for cancer. It was great to get such a huge win, and I am excited to continue playing well as a team the rest of the season,” Freshman Ellie Franklin said.

Last week, the boys celebrated their nine seniors, and took an outstanding win over the Duchesne Pioneers. On Monday, the boys defeated the talented Kirkwood team. At the end of the first quarter, they had a 14-12 lead, and did not stop the whole game. It was pretty back and forth with it being a one point game at half. They pulled away in quarter four with the end score being 60-48. Senior Jerimiah Neal led the team in points, and dominated up and down the floor. The next game is Wednesday night at eight at home. Make sure to come support the boys team!

“I enjoyed watching the boys game last night. The gym was very lively and it was an entertaining game. I loved the back and forth action throughout the whole game,” Sophomore Chloe Price said.

During half time of both varsity games, there was a miracle minute. Students went around collecting money for cancer research for one minute. Thank you to everyone that donated. Along with that, there was a bake sale to raise more money. Coaches vs. Cancer was very successful and was a great opportunity to raise awareness for this cause.

The freshman and JV boys fell to the very talented Kirkwood team. They gave it their all, but Kirkwood has some promising young kids.

Make sure to continue supporting the basketball teams as the seasons end. One more week of regular schedule games gives every Crusader student a chance to show their school spirit. On both teams, the seniors have given it their all the last four years, and are excited to continue this skill and passion into Districts.