• The waits over: the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs have arrived

Stanley Cup Playoff Recap

• Finals are right around the corner, make sure you study

Features

How To Make The Most of Reading Day

• Many called Zendaya the best dressed at the 2024 Met Gala

Met Gala’s Gorgeous Garden of Time

• St. Dominic teachers prepare for summer as 2023-2024 year ends

Cool for the Summer

• Newest drinks at St. Dominic: The Topo Chico Sabores drinks

Features

New Drinks and Prices in the Cafeteria

• St. Dominic prepares to host their last events of the year

Top 5 End of the Year Events

Celebrate St. Dominic Day

Features

Annual Christmas Basketball Tournament

@sdhsathletics on X
SDHS prepares to host the 30th annual Christmas Basketball Tournament

The St. Dominic Annual Chick-Fil-A Christmas Tournament is just around the corner. This year, over 16 teams, eight girls and eight boys will join us to compete for the championship title. Some of those teams for both are Francis Howell Central, Lutheran St. Charles, Timberland and St. Charles West.  

St. Dominic has been hosting this tournament for 30 years, and the tradition will continue for many more years to come. Over the previous years of this tournament , the boys have won the championship and the girls have fought hard each year, but haven’t been able to take the victory quite yet. 

“This tournament is special because we have been doing it for so long, and it’s a tradition for families to attend. It’s also a community building experience as well,” Boys Head Coach Kevin Roberts said. 

In the girls bracket, teams such as Lutheran St. Charles, Francis Howell Central, and Timberland, are returning teams that are ready to face off against one another, bright and early on Saturday, December 27th. 

“Our biggest goal is to continue to grow together as a team, and to win two games,”  Girls Head Coach Justin Wilmes said. 

As the girls work together to prepare for the upcoming tournament, the boys are working towards the same goal. On the boys side, teams such as Sikeston, Francis Howell Central, and Holt, will soon begin competing for the title. 

“I’m really looking forward to the chance to play against two very talented teams: Sikestons and Timberland,” Junior Leo Summers said.

Although the weekend holds a busy, and competitive atmosphere, it’s important to enjoy the tournament to the fullest. Whether it be competing or participating in the games, the tournament is one of St. Dominic’s funnest traditions.

“I’m a basketball junkie, so I love being in the gym for three straight days, talking with people, eating good food in the hospitality room, and watching basketball,” Roberts said. 

While it might be Christmas break, the fun at St. Dominic never ends. This is a perfect time to get together with your friends, to support your Crusader basketball teams. The boys first game will be versus Francis Howell Central at 1:00 PM, and girl’s first game will be against Hannibal at 2:30 PM. Make sure to come on out on December 27th to see these teams play!