• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Spicy Student Section

Keeley
Dominic fans cheering on their football team under the lights

Fun, loud, and thrilling are all words that can be used to describe the Friday night lights at a St. Dominic football game. This year’s variety of themes, chants, and the extended bleachers for the games may be stirring up some opinions in students, despite our growing and popular student section.

On average, Dominic’s football team has four to five home games every season. This year we get to celebrate five. Having already had one against Priory that resulted in a win. The theme for this home opener was the United States of America. It’s a St. Dominic tradition that the first home football game of every year would be filled with the red, white, and blue colors for the USA. 

“My favorite theme is neon because it looks cool under the lights, and looking back at pictures it’s very bright and fun,” Junior Gracie Black said. 

The themes for our student sections revolve around the same ideas that we use every year, with maybe a sprinkle of one new theme each season. These themes include neon, whiteout, USA, and pink out. An upcoming new idea that we haven’t done yet is camo, which will be used at the Homecoming game this Friday against St. Francis Borgia. The students plan to “hunt Borgia down” during the matchup. 

Some more Dominic traditions include the positive, and loud chants that we use. The seniors do a great job every year of making the section a fun environment for everyone. Some fan favorite cheers we do are roller coaster, fight and win, and D-O-M-I-N-I-C. 

“My favorite cheer to do at the football game is fight and win because it’s so funny to see one person scream super loud, I also like how it’s spread into other sports as well,” Junior Taylor Holdmeier said. 

There’s been some added drama this year after we got an edition to the student section with the building of an extra set of bleachers. 

“I think that the juniors should be in front on the left, I’m upset that I’ve been in the back for the past three years,” Black said.  

With, or without the new set of bleachers, juniors would have been behind the seniors anyway. Administration is stuck in a tough spot, because they are not able to please everyone. Although on the bright side, everyone gets to be together and it makes our section look bigger, and louder than ever before. 

Make sure to come out this Friday at our Homecoming football game! Pop out so that you can be a part of our amazing and super fun student section and remember to bring that St. Dominic energy and wear your camo!