• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Crusaders Paving Their Own Path

Lucy Ryan
Grace Luedde and Ava Rademeyer commit for D1 college soccer

Juniors Grace Luedde and Ava Rademeyer have stepped up their athletic game. Both have verbally committed to D1 schools, to play college soccer. Grace has committed to Iowa State University, and Ava has committed to St. Louis University. Both players have worked extremely hard to get to this point and are continuing to improve their skills.

Ava decided not to play high school soccer, rather she dominated on the club soccer field. She is extremely excited to play alongside her talented future teammates. 

“I’m most looking forward to meeting new people who have the same goals as me within soccer and life, as well as being able to compete at the next level,” Rademeyer said.

Grace has played on the varsity soccer team since freshman year, and loves pushing her teammates to be better players. She has always had a strong mindset on the field when competing at high levels, such as the State Championship in 2022. 

“We hold each other accountable and this adds even higher quality to our team. Also playing high quality games during club and high school soccer have helped me prepare for the college level,” Luedde said.

Grace not only excels on the soccer field but is also very talented on the field hockey field. She has played on varsity since sophomore year, and is an extraordinary midfielder. 

“I love playing field hockey, I love each of my teammates and have enjoyed bonding with them on and off the field,” Luedde said.

Ava has been an all around soccer player. She has won a National Championship two years in a row with her club team. That has made her stand apart from other players her same age.

“Winning was the best thing, it made me so much closer to my teammates. I will never forget the feeling of my hard work paying off,” Rademeyer said.

Both Ava and Grace want to make sure they are prepared for the next level. They are both continuously putting in the work on the field. They are preparing for the next step. 

“My next step in this process is to keep preparing to play at the college level. This means to keep practicing and playing with high intensity,” Grace said

“I am trying to get through an injury and working hard after surgery to make sure I’m prepared for college,” Ava said. 

Grace and Ava are gearing up for the upcoming fall soccer season. They are both eager to get on the field and work with their future schools.