The student news site of St. Dominic High School

Crusader Nation

• The waits over: the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs have arrived

Sports

Stanley Cup Playoff Recap

• May 8, 2024

Broadcast

May 8, 2024

• Finals are right around the corner, make sure you study

Features

How To Make The Most of Reading Day

• Many called Zendaya the best dressed at the 2024 Met Gala

Entertainment

Met Gala’s Gorgeous Garden of Time

• St. Dominic teachers prepare for summer as 2023-2024 year ends

Showcase

Cool for the Summer

• Newest drinks at St. Dominic: The Topo Chico Sabores drinks

Features

New Drinks and Prices in the Cafeteria

• St. Dominic prepares to host their last events of the year

Showcase

Top 5 End of the Year Events

• This Thursday at St. Dominic is the annual Crusader Day!

Showcase

Celebrate St. Dominic Day

• May 2, 2024

Broadcast

May 2, 2024

Features

Celebrate St. Dominic

Crusader Nation

Crusader Nation

Crusaders Paving Their Own Path

Lucy Ryan
Grace Luedde and Ava Rademeyer commit for D1 college soccer

Juniors Grace Luedde and Ava Rademeyer have stepped up their athletic game. Both have verbally committed to D1 schools, to play college soccer. Grace has committed to Iowa State University, and Ava has committed to St. Louis University. Both players have worked extremely hard to get to this point and are continuing to improve their skills.

Ava decided not to play high school soccer, rather she dominated on the club soccer field. She is extremely excited to play alongside her talented future teammates. 

“I’m most looking forward to meeting new people who have the same goals as me within soccer and life, as well as being able to compete at the next level,” Rademeyer said.

Grace has played on the varsity soccer team since freshman year, and loves pushing her teammates to be better players. She has always had a strong mindset on the field when competing at high levels, such as the State Championship in 2022. 

“We hold each other accountable and this adds even higher quality to our team. Also playing high quality games during club and high school soccer have helped me prepare for the college level,” Luedde said.

Grace not only excels on the soccer field but is also very talented on the field hockey field. She has played on varsity since sophomore year, and is an extraordinary midfielder. 

“I love playing field hockey, I love each of my teammates and have enjoyed bonding with them on and off the field,” Luedde said.

Ava has been an all around soccer player. She has won a National Championship two years in a row with her club team. That has made her stand apart from other players her same age.

“Winning was the best thing, it made me so much closer to my teammates. I will never forget the feeling of my hard work paying off,” Rademeyer said.

Both Ava and Grace want to make sure they are prepared for the next level. They are both continuously putting in the work on the field. They are preparing for the next step. 

“My next step in this process is to keep preparing to play at the college level. This means to keep practicing and playing with high intensity,” Grace said

“I am trying to get through an injury and working hard after surgery to make sure I’m prepared for college,” Ava said. 

Grace and Ava are gearing up for the upcoming fall soccer season. They are both eager to get on the field and work with their future schools.