• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

A New Era of Dominic Shows

Will Dery
St. Dominic’s beautiful state of the art Performing Arts Center

The new season of St. Dominic’s shows were announced this week, and this season is already looking more spectacular than ever! These shows will be full of mystery, magic, and adventure.

For this year, the fall show was announced as The Murder on the Orient Express. The Murder on the Orient Express is a murder mystery play that is based on the book written by Agatha Christie. This play takes place in 1935 on a luxury train. A man named Ratchet was found stabbed twelve times in his compartment. No one on the train knows who did it, and what was going to happen next? 

Thankfully, a detective named Poirot, helps solve the mystery of who killed Ratchett. I like plays like this one because you don’t have to worry about the stress of singing and dancing. All you have to do is act and put on a great show. I cannot wait to see how the mystery and thrill plays out. 

The next show in the season will be the winter show. The show will be Belle’s Fairytale Adventure. I think this is going to be an extremely exciting show to participate in because Mrs. Hobbs, the new director, will be writing it herself. The show will be a fan fiction based on the day Belle goes to the beast’s castle to retrieve her father. 

The Enchantress will be one of the main characters that is preparing Belle to meet the beast. Belle prepares by reading three books to village kids. These books will then be acted out by high schoolers and kids. It’ll add a lot more excitement to the show to see kids also acting on stage for this production as well. This show will definitely be so magical to see fairytales brought to life. 

The third show of the season will be a classic everyone has seen or heard of. This musical was a big part of my childhood. It will be Roger and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. This musical will be filled with heart, magic, and love. The musical’s main character is a woman named Ella who is raised by her evil stepmother and two evil stepsisters. Ella is raised not feeling worthy of love but then, Ella’s very own fairy godmother shows up and makes her a princess for one night.

Ella ends up losing a glass slipper trying to make her way out of the ball. Later on, Prince Charming goes around and attempts to figure out who’s slipper belonged to the girl he fell in love with that night. Eventually, he puts the slipper on Ella and it fits perfectly. They fall in love and have a happy ending. I cannot wait to be put on this magical story and bring everyone back to their childhoods. 

This new lineup of shows is looking more promising than ever. There will be such a wide variety of elements to each show and will be put together by the brand new director Mrs. Hobbs. If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary community like theater and want to put yourself out there then definitely go try out this year. I know I cannot wait to be a part of the shows this year!