SnowCo Court

The class of 2022 snowcoming court (Alli Herbert and Garrett Havrilla, Zach Fink and Paige Deeken, and Mia Pointer and Grant Richards from right to left) stand on stage for the junior pep rally.

Kalea Reeves

It’s Snowcoming Week at St. Dominic, and we have our first ever snowcoming court! Although it is in the middle of winter, and not your typical homecoming, the court provides a sense of normalcy and joy throughout campus. There are four senior couples, three junior couples, two sophomore couples and one freshman couple.

Representing the senior class is Camryn Collier and Jake Karolczak, Leah Maxvill and Colin Quain, Lydia Cornett and Cole Eisenbath and Abby Kretzler and Kannon Patterson. Although there has been a lot of uncertainty this school year, the class of 2021 are able to enjoy one final homecoming court of high school, even if it is a little bit different. 

“We weren’t expecting to be chosen because we were on the court last year, so it was pretty surprising when we found out that we were voted. Since then, we have been trying to prepare what we are going to do on court. It has been pretty frustrating but also exciting at the same time,” Cornett said.

Representing the junior class is Mia Pointer and Grant Richars, Alli Herbert and Garrett Havrilla, and Paige Deeken and Zach Fink.

“I’m just making sure that Paige has a great time on court, because I know when she’s happy I’m happy. Although the hardest thing I think I’ve ever done is decorating this cane,” Fink said.

Representing the sophomore class is Gracie Lynch, TJ Kwapiszeski, Faith Henke and Kelly Welby.

“It was awesome to be nominated by my classmates who felt that I was one of the good choices for court. It is something everybody wants but not everyone gets to be a part of, so for that I’m very grateful and excited. I hope that everyone else who hopes to be a part of court someday can get the privilege like I did,” Welby said.

Finally, representing the class of 2024 is Caroline Thorn and Ray Butler. Snowcoming is the freshman class’s first ever court of high school, and will hopefully live up to their expectations.

“Ray and I are close friends, and I’m happy and grateful to be nominated. I’m also very excited for court!” Thorn said.

Instead of the typical homecoming football game and dance, the snowcoming court ceremony will happen during the basketball game Friday night. Be sure to come to show some school spirit and support your court!