• The waits over: the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs have arrived

Stanley Cup Playoff Recap

• Finals are right around the corner, make sure you study

Features

How To Make The Most of Reading Day

• Many called Zendaya the best dressed at the 2024 Met Gala

Met Gala’s Gorgeous Garden of Time

• St. Dominic teachers prepare for summer as 2023-2024 year ends

Cool for the Summer

• Newest drinks at St. Dominic: The Topo Chico Sabores drinks

Features

New Drinks and Prices in the Cafeteria

• St. Dominic prepares to host their last events of the year

Top 5 End of the Year Events

Celebrate St. Dominic Day

Features

How To Make The Most of Reading Day

Finals+are+right+around+the+corner%2C+make+sure+you+study+
Mob.org
Finals are right around the corner, make sure you study

With final exams just around the corner, reading day is quickly approaching. Although the day is optional, taking advantage of the day is sure to maximize your exam scores and lead you to greatness. Over the past years, attending reading day has helped us tremendously and we’re prepared to share our best trips and tricks with you! 

1. Plan out your schedule beforehand 

Since reading day is optional, deciding what classes to attend can be tricky. Starting with your basic classes such as literature and math is a great way to review. Additionally, be aware of your lower grades and check-in during those classes. It might come as a surprise, but just being present in a class can help make or break your grade. 

“I’m really big on making a list of things I need to accomplish. It really helps me stay on track and also helps me make sure I have done everything I need to do,” Junior Izzy Stockmann said. 

1. Ask Questions

With many students taking around eight exams, it becomes hard to keep track of all the work. Study guides and quizlets begin to pile up and the process of studying becomes difficult. That being said, if you need help speak up! Teachers are here to help you, not hurt you, so trust them and let them guide you. 

“ I don’t like feeling stressed before finals so I use reading day as a great resource to come and ask my teachers for my help and make sure I know what I’m doing,” Junior Mia Lepp said. 

1. Choose a second study location 

St. Dominic is an amazing place to study, but being away from school is even better. Spending the whole day inside St. Dominic can be overwhelming and tiring. To make the most of your studying, choose a different environment such as the local library, Starbucks, or Panera.  

“Instead of my friends and I coming into school, we love going to Starbucks because we get to drink our favorite drinks, talk and focus better,” Junior Kendall Kimes.  

1. Take Breaks throughout the day

Studying for exams can be exhausting and consumes a lot of energy. One way to prevent this is by taking short, frequent breaks. During these breaks make sure to fuel up by drinking plenty of water and eating food. Additionally, try to power off your brain for a bit, and save energy for the rest of your study sessions. 

“During reading day my friends and I love to take lots of breaks to get food and keep us awake after a long day of studying,” Junior Bella Gerberding said. 

1. Practice

The best way to prepare for an exam is through practice. Study Guides are a great way to prepare for the test to come. Additionally making a quizlet and even a personal kahoot allows you to quiz yourself. This is proven to be one of the best and most efficient ways to study.

“I spend most of my finals week studying a lot to make sure I’m as ready as possible. I also make lots of quizlets and flash cards to help me prepare more,” Junior Sarah Besse said.

While next week might be overwhelming and time consuming, take a deep breath and attend reading day! This will guide you in the right direction and help prepare your mind for the final stretch before summer.