• The waits over: the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs have arrived

Stanley Cup Playoff Recap

• Finals are right around the corner, make sure you study

Features

How To Make The Most of Reading Day

• Many called Zendaya the best dressed at the 2024 Met Gala

Met Gala’s Gorgeous Garden of Time

• St. Dominic teachers prepare for summer as 2023-2024 year ends

Cool for the Summer

• Newest drinks at St. Dominic: The Topo Chico Sabores drinks

Features

New Drinks and Prices in the Cafeteria

• St. Dominic prepares to host their last events of the year

Top 5 End of the Year Events

Celebrate St. Dominic Day

Features

Cool for the Summer

St. Dominic teachers prepare for summer as 2023-2024 year ends
Goodnet.org

With the end of the school year right around the corner, talk about fun activities to do during the summer has filled the St. Dominic halls. 

Apart from the students, the faculty and staff are ready for their three month break too. Administrative assistant Mrs. Sally Garrett is ready to spend her time at the pool.

“My family and I are more go with the flow type planners. However, we will be spending more of our time at the pool rather than the beach since we have friends with a pool close by,” Mrs. Garrett said.

Summer is the time for thrilling vacations and exciting exploring. Some teachers are planning on spending quality time with loved ones outside the country!

“My husband and I are going to Riviera Maya, Mexico. We will be ziplining, swimming in cenotes, exploring caves, and relaxing on the beach,” Literature teacher and boys tennis coach Mrs. Marnatti said.

Vacations and pool time are not all that will be going on this summer. Apart from indulgent activities, some teachers are deciding to give back and volunteer this summer for their communities.

“I will be volunteering with my Rabbi this summer, working at the Jewish Festival at summer’s end. He does quite a bit for our community and my family, and I am so glad to support his work too,” history teacher and swim coach Mrs. Carly Honerkamp said.

This summer is an opportunity to get outside and grab some fresh air with your family. Dominic teachers with kids will be having fun in the sun camping or going to the lake.

”My kids will most likely be outside all day, everyday. We have a large yard and a playground for them to play at. They have a blast outside and will hook up the sprinkler often too. We will go to the Zoo and water parks also, but mostly just hangout at home,” math teacher Mrs. Rachel Riechers said.

“I have a two year old and a 3 month old. My two year old will be out of pre-school for summer and we are planning on getting together with another one of my teacher friends, and her two year old, to play,” Mrs. Honerkamp said.

Whatever your summer plans may be, students or faculty and staff, we hope you have a great time and enjoy the long awaited break. There is only one regular school days left this year, so make them count and have a great summer!