Black Friday: To Shop or Not to Shop

Black Friday is right around the corner, and many people in the St. Dominic community are going to camp out for those amazing deals. However, several Crusaders have become annoyed by the whole commercial “holiday” and do not want anything to do with it.

“I think Black Friday is a good time to get Christmas presents for others, but it is also way overly hyped. Sometimes it can get super dangerous, and every year I’ve had to leave because of a fight,” junior Elli Hagan said.

“I’ve never been Black Friday shopping…I actually think it’s pretty dumb. There may be some good deals, but you could just go on any other day. Who cares about saving three dollars?” sophomore Ella Field said.

“My mom gets some really good deals, but I think it’s stupid because like everybody gets hurt. Fights break out, and I just think the whole thing is so dumb,” junior Kannon Patterson said.

“People are spending money on stuff that they don’t really need. Why would you want to be in such a big crowd of people who are fighting over a bunch of stuff? I think it’s easier to just shop online,” science teacher Mr. Groaning said.

A big part of our community might be over Black Friday, but there are still many Crusaders who love the bargains and big sales.

“I like Black Friday shopping because I have no money, and I like buying expensive things, but cheaply,” senior Tim Blechle said.

“I love Black Friday. I get to spend time with my older sister, even if we only go to the stores she wants to go to,” sophomore Rachel Schipper said.

“I love the prices but hate the wait. It’s totally worth it, though, and you could always just go online to save some time,” freshman Julia Bauche said.

“I went Black Friday shopping one time. There were old ladies in the next isle over fighting over quilts. It was kind of really funny,” junior Jack Wallis said.

“I love Black Friday shopping every year, but I’m dumb and go out at like 7:00 p.m., so nothing is left. It can be an enjoyable experience, though, especially when you find something good,” sophomore Kailin Ross said.

Whether Black Friday is your cup of tea or not, you have to admit that it sure is a day of great deals!