Fast Facts About the New Teachers

Teachers+are+welcome+back+to+St.+Dominic+on+first+day.+

@StDominicHs Twitter

Teachers are welcome back to St. Dominic on first day.

St Dominic has grown in many ways over the years, including the expansion of our building to make room for new classrooms. With these classrooms comes new teachers, and with so many joining the St Dominic community, it can be hard to meet them all. Here are fun facts about these new teachers so you can get to know them a little better.

Many teachers choose their career because they love their subject and love teaching it. But some new teachers here at St Dominic are very passionate about what they do, such as Mrs. Fleming. 

“I have always known that I wanted to become a teacher. The classroom is a powerful place that can truly change lives, and I always wanted to be a part of that change. My teachers positively impacted my life everyday and I always wanted to try my best to do the same for future students,” Fleming said.

Another teacher that is passionate about teaching is Mrs. Peters. She is looking forward to having her own classes and building consistent relationships with her students.

“I’m excited to get students excited about theatre and to help bring more faith in the theatre program. I also just love helping kids feel welcomed and like they belong and as a teacher, i can do that in my classroom and help direct people to where they will be,” Peters said.

Each teacher has their own unique story as to why they became a teacher. But, teachers also have interesting lives outside of the classroom. Mrs. Linville has a yellow lab named Willow, and likes to take him everywhere she goes. 

“I like to go hiking and going to the park with my dog, i enjoy printmaking at the Artist Guild, and I like to read!” Linville said.

Mrs. Swanton also likes spending time outside when she’s not busy taking care of her two boys. 

“When I’m not chasing kids around or doing house work, I like to garden and bake. I love spending time outside whether that is hiking or just enjoying the sunshine at the pool,” Swanton said.

Teachers of St Dominic are very passionate people who love teaching students about their favorite subjects. Inside and outside of school they are interesting people with pets, families, and interesting families, and we cannot wait to welcome them into our community.