Dancing With Our Stars

The+St.+Dominic+Crusaderettes+never+fail+to+impress+their+audience+during+halftime.+

Maura Clerc

The St. Dominic Crusaderettes never fail to impress their audience during halftime.

The St. Dominic Crusaderettes are back for another exciting year on both the field and the court. Although football season may be over, basketball is right around the corner—which means more amazing performances from the dancers! Regardless of where they perform, the team never fails to astonish their audience.

The Cruaderettes are off to an amazing start to their year. They’ve danced at every halftime show during the football season, but the team isn’t done yet. As basketball season approaches, they are preparing brand new dances that continue to impress.

Senior Taylor Larner has been on the dance team for her entire high school career, and is now the co-captain with many responsibilities. She continues to dazzle us more and more each year!

“Along with my co-captain and officer, we decide what dances to perform when, what uniform we wear for games, how we do our hair, etc. I lead warm up every day, and I help clean dances to prepare us for games. We also hype the team up right before performances,” Larner said.

Larner is the only senior on the team this year, making her final season even more memorable. However, not having any other seniors by her side has proved to be challenging for her at times.

“Being the only senior is both good and bad. Sometimes it’s fun because I do get to have a lot more say in certain situations. Things like senior night are also fun, because it’s like I have a senior night to myself. So, it’s bittersweet,” Larner said.

Regardless of the bittersweet moments Larner experiences, she still has a great time with all of the members of the team.

“My favorite part about being on the team is spending time with all the girls. They are so much fun to be around, and they make every practice so much fun. Not only do I get to do the thing that I love, but I get to do it with the best people out there,” Larner said.

This year, there are seven freshmen on the team. The team has grown a ton due to these new additions, both literally and metaphorically.

“[Having so many new freshmen] has influenced the team in a fairly good way. The team, with a ton of seniors leaving, would have been fairly small. With many freshmen on the team, this makes bonding experiences more enjoyable because there are so many different personalities,” junior Maura Clerc said.

All of the dancers work extremely hard to provide stunning choreography that shocks everyone. Make sure to keep an eye out for the St. Dominic Crusaderettes at the upcoming basketball games during halftime, and give them an extra round of applause!