• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

The Best Of the Best

NHL.com
Team Matthew’s wins the NHL all star game in Toronto

Every couple years, the National Hockey League hosts the All Star weekend, where the best players from each division compete for fun and entertainment. This event started in 1947, and is a way to bring the most valuable players from the league together. 

This event took place in Toronto, and was hosted by the Maple Leaves, which was sentimental for many who grew up in Canada. This event is streamed for fans to watch, and is a huge hit in the hockey world. The NHL invites celebrity guests to participate in these events, and chime in on the fun. There are 32 All Stars that are selected to represent their team. This year there were 12 additional players that were chosen by fans online, through a voting process. 

This year Auston Matthews’ team won, and by far made the most waves on the scoreboard. The goal of this game is to show skill while competing three against three, while following the rule of no contact. These players not only are the best in the league, they are well media trained and have likable personalities. 

During this year’s event famous pop singer, Tate Mcrae performed, and helped host the show. Mcrae interacted with many players and was a positive influence on this year’s overall performance.  

Along with Tate Mcrae, many other celebrities such as Michael Buble, Justin Bieber, and more represented each team as a co-captain. The celebrity captains were paired with NHL players such as Austin Matthews, Conor McDavid, Nathan MacKinnon and Jack Hughes. 

McDavid represented his team well by winning the skill competition all around. He showed his speed, agility, and stick handling ability in these events to win. Many other players showed off their talents during this event, and entertained the many fans watching. 

A fan favorite event is the mascot game that they host. Each mascot is placed on a team and plays a game of hockey in hopes to win. This event is rather humorous and gets the energy through the roof. 

This weekend is loved by many, and allows the players to have special recognition for all their hard work during the season. The NHL All Star weekend allows fans to watch their favorite athletes compete for entertainment and fun.