The student news site of St. Dominic High School

Crusader Nation

• May 2, 2024

Broadcast

May 2, 2024

• This Thursday at St. Dominic is the annual Crusader Day!

Showcase

Celebrate St. Dominic

• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

Entertainment

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• St. Dominic prom will be hosted at Old Hickory tomorrow

Showcase

Once Upon A Prom

• Lily’s Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Lily’s Letter

• Noahs Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Noah’s Letter

• Alyssas Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Alyssa’s Letter

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Sports

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

• April 18, 2024

Broadcast

April 18, 2024

• Evan Luke posing for his Senior year high school photos

Players to Watch

Player to Watch: Evan Luke

Crusader Nation

Crusader Nation

Kelce Brothers

The News International
Kelce brothers take over the NFL media at Chiefs games

The Kelce Brothers had a big year, from their podcast and Taylor Swift, to records being broken. Both Travis and Jason Kelce created a New Heights Podcast that was a big hit. Along with that, Travis hit a huge record alongside Patrick Mahomes. 

Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes, and tight end Travis Kelce, have dominated the post season with setting a new record. They now have the most postseason touchdowns for a duo in NFL history. The iconic duo passed Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski in the game against the Bills. Mahomes and Kelce are one of the strongest duos in the NFL, and continued to show that in the game against the Ravens. Their spectacular bond helped send them to the second consecutive Super Bowl appearance. 

“Patrick and Kelce, with the record they broke there with Gronk and Tom, that was a great job there. Kelce had two touchdowns and some big catches,” Head Coach Andy Reid said, according to profootballnetwork.com. 

New Heights was a hit from the beginning. Both brothers have unique personalities and combining those make a comedic show. They have special guests like their mother, Donna, and Jason’s family. They talk about all things NFL and much more like Taylor Swift and Travis. Jason and Travis have an amazing brother bond which allows fans to interact with them through this podcast. 

“I love the podcast, it is filled with interesting information about the NFL along with drama. It is unique and something fun to listen to,” Junior Brytn Lyon said. 

Jason Kelce was at the game against the Bills looking for some action. Kelce was out tailgating with fans in hope of finding a table to smash. While Kelce was unsuccessful he was very interactive with the crowd throughout the Chiefs vs. Bills game. He was shirtless and jumped out the window celebrating his brother’s touchdown. There are rumors of Jason retiring from the Eagles after this season and he is now living out his retirement dreams. 

“And then the second and third time he did it, I was like, I’m gonna need you to get back in because the poor cops that are out in front trying to keep the chaos at a minimum, you’re making their jobs harder. So at first, I was all for it. And then I had to try and reel him back in,” Kyle Kelce said according to USA Today.com.

Jason Kelce was also at the AFC Championship game in support of his brother Travis Kelce. The Kansas City Chiefs faced the Baltimore Ravens at the M&T Bank Stadium. 

The Chiefs were the underdogs going into the game, and have been the last four years heading into the Super Bowl. The Ravens’ abundant amount of penalties largely amounted to the Chiefs win, 17-10. 

Later that night the Detroit Lions played the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship. The favored Lions were not able to win the game, but they still broke team records. This was the first time the Lions had made it to a playoff game since 1992, and 1991 was the last time they made it to a conference championship. 

Because of San Francisco’s win, this squashed the Super Bowl color theory. For the past three years, the Super Bowl logo has been two different colors, that have been the team’s colors that participated. This year the colors were purple and red, this made fans suspect that the Ravens and either the Chiefs or the 49ers would be playing each other for Super Bowl LVII, but this is not the case this year. 

The Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers will meet at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans on February 11th.