The student news site of St. Dominic High School

Crusader Nation

• May 2, 2024

Broadcast

May 2, 2024

• This Thursday at St. Dominic is the annual Crusader Day!

Showcase

Celebrate St. Dominic

• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

Entertainment

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• St. Dominic prom will be hosted at Old Hickory tomorrow

Showcase

Once Upon A Prom

• Lily’s Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Lily’s Letter

• Noahs Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Noah’s Letter

• Alyssas Letter

A Letter From the Editor

Alyssa’s Letter

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Sports

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

• April 18, 2024

Broadcast

April 18, 2024

• Evan Luke posing for his Senior year high school photos

Players to Watch

Player to Watch: Evan Luke

Crusader Nation

Crusader Nation

New Addition To The Program

nhl.com
A further look into opinions of St. Louis Blues new coach

With recent changes in the St. Louis Blues hockey team coaching staff, the Blues have been all over the place. With inconsistent play, and a new head coach, the Blues have been playing reckless and inconsistent.

Although Berube was a solid coach for the Blues, there needed to be change. Firing Craig Berube, who led the boys to their first Stanley Cup in 2019, would not be my first choice. The brains behind the Blues organization is general manager Doug Armstrong, who is controversial himself. Armstrong has made questionable decisions for years now. Making the decision to fire Berube was ridiculous, and seemed to be a mistake. 

There is nothing wrong with new Coach Drew Bannister however he has big shoes to fill. After four straight losses the Blues were found with a new coach, and higher expectations. Everyone knows having a new coach after years of connection and chemistry can be difficult. Having to listen to someone new, and trust in his coaching style when you’re used to another style is an adjustment the Blues players were willing to make. 

With media attention on the Blues new coach, there has been a success streak since this abrupt change. Blues goaltender Jordan Binnington, has been playing some of his best games. The Blues have had multiple wins and losses since Bannister’s debut, but fans complain about the way some players have performed because of his new coaching techniques. 

The Blues players have been inconsistent throughout this whole season, which shows that Drew Bannister’s new ways have not been effective. With Jordan Kyrous third career hat trick, and Robert Thomas turning up his game, the boys will continue to play how they want to, no matter the coach. 

Craig Berube will be missed heavily by fans and the players too. Berube did not tolerate the lack of effort that some players are showing, but Bannister might just need time to come through. With playoffs coming up soon, many are hoping for an increase in wins, and some strategy to make the boys play as a team. 

There is hope for Bannister as he has to take on a new team towards the end of the season. Although it’s hard for the players, it can’t be easy for a new face in the program. Bannister has not been found on much media, and fans are hoping to get to know him a little better. Many keep hope for Bannister, but no one will replace Berube.