• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Chiefs Crumbling Season

@Chiefs on Instagram
Chiefs gear up to play final weeks of regular season

The National Football League season is slowly coming to an end. With four more weeks of regular season games, the Kansas City Chiefs have had quite a tough season. Their defense and offense struggled immensely for the first time, in many years. 

The Chiefs current record is eight wins, and five losses. After losing to the Lions in week one, the Chiefs went on to win their next six games. They then took a rough loss to the Broncos in week eight, with a score of nine to twenty-one. Next to this, was their game with the Eagles in week 11, and they lost 21-17. The Chiefs recently took back-to-back losses in week 13 and 14, against the Green Bay Packers and Buffalo Bills. 

“A game I think that the Chiefs would have easily won was against the Broncos, they had their worst offensive game of the season,” Junior Ethan Bolinger said. 

The last time the Broncos beat the Chiefs was in 2015. They also have not lost to the Eagles or Lions  since 2009 and 2011. It’s been a couple years since the Chiefs have lost to these teams in one season. They haven’t had this rough of a record since 2014, when they had nine wins and seven losses. 

This is a surprising downfall, considering how dominant they’ve become in previous years. For the past three years, the Chiefs had made an executive appearance in the Super Bowl. The team scored a win in 2020 against the San Francisco 49ers, and in 2023 against the Philadelphia Eagles. They have also won their division the past eight years, including barely hanging on to clench the 2023 National Football Conference West title. 

Another major hit the Chiefs took recently was the injury of Isaiah Pacheco, one of their Running Backs. Pacheco injured his shoulder in week fourteen and did not play in the game against the Bills. There’s no telling yet if he will return for this week’s game against the Patriots. 

“Without Pacheco, Patrick Mahomes has almost no one to pass to besides Kelce, who hasn’t been having a good season either,” Junior Mikayla Barmeier said.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes and Tight End Travis Kelce have not been having the best season so far. Mahomes only has thrown 23 touchdowns this year, compared to last year he had a whopping 41. He also has around 3,000 yards, and in years past he was averaging more than 4,000 to over 5,000 yards every year since his first 2018 season as a starter. Kelce has only had five touchdowns, not doing this badly since his 2019 season. He also had 12 TD’s last season, making him 50% more successful than the current season. 

Hopefully the Chiefs can close out their remaining four games with wins. They will next take on the Patriots this Sunday the 17th, at 12 PM Central Time, on Fox Sports. But the big question is, how far they will go into the postseason. It’s going to be difficult for them to get out of this slump they are currently in. If they can get some more wins, we might just see them again at the Super Bowl LVII in February.