• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Feasting on Family Favorites

thekitchn.com
Favorite family Thanksgiving dishes among the St. Dominic student community

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and St. Dominic’s students are ready to enjoy a delicious meal with their families. Lots of families make the same Thanksgiving dishes every year, that never fails to bring them joy. 

“My favorite family Thanksgiving dish is definitely mashed potatoes. My mom makes them in a special way as well as makes this amazing gravy to go along with it,” Junior Jack Jones said. 

Mashed potatoes is a timeless classic that is eaten in almost every household on Thanksgiving. With mashed potatoes, it’s all about personal preference. Some people make it homemade, which takes a bit more time, and some make it boxed, which can be super convenient. 

“One of my all time favorite Thanksgiving dishes is a classic turkey. Every year, it is a tradition for my uncle to deep fry the turkey and for me and my dad to help him carve the turkey,” Senior Elise Kehoe said. 

The turkey is always the main course, that draws the whole meal together. One can never go wrong with a simple Thanksgiving turkey. Whether it’s roasted in the oven, smoked, or deep-fried, each turkey will have its own unique flavor. 

“Sweet potato casserole will always be my favorite Thanksgiving dish. My mom makes this casserole, in a way I cannot describe. I could truly eat it everyday for the rest of my life if I wanted to,” Junior Mady Ludwig said. 

Casseroles are always a huge hit for Thanksgiving dinners. Some pretty common casseroles are green bean casserole, cornbread casserole, sweet potato casserole, and cheesy potato casserole. These dishes are packed with ingredients like cream cheese, and butter, that make you want seconds. 

“My favorite Thanksgiving is sweet potato pie because my grandma always lets me put as many marshmallows in the sweet potatoes to make it taste very sweet,” Junior Lily Smith said. 

Of course, we cannot forget about the desserts that really make Thanksgiving. Pies are always a huge hit every year. Some of these include pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, sweet potato pie, and chocolate pie. These melt in your mouth desserts always come in hand after already feeling full, from the main course. 

No matter what food is served, Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful, and appreciative of all the many things that you have in your life. It brings families closer together through thankfulness, and a shared meal at the dinner table.