• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Welcome To The Show

CBC.ca
Connor Bedard makes his NHL debut as rookie wearing #98

Connor Bedard, is considered one of the greatest ice hockey prospects of his generation. This eighteen year-old Canadian, has proved his spot in the NHL, with just the start of regular season play. Connor Bedard is one of the youngest rookies currently playing in the National Hockey League. Bedard plays for the Chicago Blackhawks, and wears #98 proudly. 

The Hawks newest center is first line, and has three points already, in just four games and scored his first NHL career goal against The Boston Bruins. Connor averages about 20 minutes of ice time per game. Bedard was the number one NHL draft pick in the 2023 Entry Draft. The Blackhawks acquired Connor with confidence, in excitement to see what this young stud has in store for their program. 

Connor represented team Canada in the World Juniors this past summer, and has gained a significant amount of attention for his speed, at a young age. Connor had outstanding statistics while playing on Team Canada, setting a record of 36 points. 

The Chicago Blackhawks have won six Stanley Cups, but finished low in the standings last season, compared to the rest. The Hawks are known for their strong offensive plays, and are thrilled to add fresh legs on the ice. 

Growing up, Bedard practiced his shots daily, and prioritized his training. Bedard played junior-level in the Canadian Hockey League, before the Blackhawks, for the Regina Pats Hockey team. 

Connor Bedard’s speciality is his quick release, and his famous move ‘toe drag release’. This move has gained popularity from hockey players all over, and has grown on social media. This move was mastered when Bedsy broke his wrist, as a young player, and worked through his struggles. His quick release is something that separates him from other professional hockey players. 

Even though Connor Bedard is only 18 years old, his speed and ability to move the puck makes him better than the other veteran players. Bedard is just getting started, as the Blackhawks begin their season play, and fans from all over hope for a successful season. 

This young rookie has a bright future ahead of him and is predicted to only get better. With the help of older players, Bedard is in good hands with the Chicago Blackhawks, and has accomplished so much already.