• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Cheering on at Senior Night

Sydney Borho and Sophie Benet
Senior cheerleaders at different events throughout their last varsity season

As the football season comes to an end, the cheerleaders are gearing up for their last night under the lights. This is a special game for both teams, football and cheer, as it is their long awaited senior night.

The seniors on the cheer team have taken over their practices, to put together a fun original routine.

“At first, when all the seniors came together to plan the routine it was hard to come to a general consensus. However, after everything was all said and done, the most rewarding part was being able to put a bit of ourselves into the routine,” Senior Alyssa Baird said.

Since every team has a senior night, the cheerleaders try very hard to make sure that there’s is a unique experience. The seniors on the team partake in certain ‘traditions’ each year, such as letting their hair down for the first quarter, and being exempt from push ups after every touchdown.

“On senior night, we get to walk around and mess with the underclass men cheerleaders during touchdown push-ups, and it’s fun to finally get to do that, after all our years of so many push-ups,” Senior Katie Mollet said.

Each senior on the team, has learned many different things during their time as a St. Dominic Crusader Cheerleader. Becoming seniors meant they had to step up this year, to set the stage for the incoming varsity members, and to be role models to all the girls on the team.

“Being a senior on the cheer team has taught me valuable skills like teamwork, discipline, and perseverance. Cheerleading requires dedication and hard work, and being a senior means you’ve had the opportunity to lead and inspire others on the team,” senior Sydney Borho said.

With each new routine comes new anxieties and stresses, especially with it being many of the athletes’ last time performing for their high school. To take away some anxieties, the team had practices every day this week, in hopes to make this night perfect.

“I think the most stressful part about senior night is making sure that we hit all our stunts and the top priority being nobody gets hurt,” Senior Mariella Flick said.

It’s easy to see that these seniors have worked really hard to make their last game special. Senior night allows them to showcase their talents for their friends, and family in the stands, one last time. So whether you’re an avid FNL supporter, or have never been to a game, come out and support our cheerleader, football, and band seniors at Crusader Stadium.