• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Taylor Takes Over Theaters

Zoe Dake
Taylor Swift’s message to fans after credits of her movie

Over the weekend, Swifties were highly anticipating the Eras Tour movie.  Everyone was counting down the day till they could see it, and everyone was  ready to see Taylor on the big screen. 

This movie was announced a little over a month ago, and when tickets went live fans broke the internet trying to get their hands on the tickets. Fandango, AMC, and more all couldn’t handle the amount of tickets that were being bought at once. 

One thing that was also interesting about the movie, was that fans were encouraged to sing and dance at the theaters. Taylor said that this was going to be for those fans who couldn’t make it to the concert, and she wanted it to have the same energy. So in preparation for the movie, fans made their friendship bracelets, and practiced the chants for the film. 

The movie began with a countdown from 13, which fans went wild over, if you know Taylor Swift you know that 13 is her number. This countdown on the film, represents the countdown that happens before Taylor comes on at the Eras tour, after Applause by Lady Gaga is done playing. When the countdown concluded, the clock faded and we saw a wide shot of Sofi Stadium, and adoring fans cheering. 

We open with the infamous “TikTok” It’s Been a Long Time Coming audio, with bits of each era playing. Then we get the opening song of the tour Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince. With a continuation of the Lover era. 

One thing fans quickly noticed, is when we got to certain songs, they were completely left out. For example The Archer during the Lover era was not even mentioned. One big upset was that she left out Cardigan from the Folklore era. 

It was surprising that she left this out, because this song feeds into her love triangle storyline of songs that she left in the movie. We get to see Augustine’s point of view in August, then James’s in Betty, but when it comes to Betty’s point of view, she left Cardigan out. Fans just assume that Taylor knows best and that she had a reason to leave it out of the final cut of the film. 

Some fans guess the reason she left it out was the run time. Without the six songs she left out, the movie was already two hours and 50 minutes. For the diehard fans, they wouldn’t have cared to have the extra songs but for regular moviegoers, it was still too long with the cuts. 

When the credits rolled, one of the songs that had been cut from the setlist started to play, Long Live. This song meant a lot to fans, because it talks all about remembering good times in life. There were clips of fans from the film in the background, playing as Taylor’s thanks to her fans for being so supportive. 

Finally, the movie ended with a friendship bracelet with a thank you note to the fans on it from Taylor. She spoke on how none of this would’ve been possible without them. 

The film received incredible feedback from fans, and even people who weren’t fans before. For anyone who hasn’t been to the tour this is a perfect substitute for the real thing.