• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Archbishop Grants Dominic A Special Day

@StDominic on X
Archbishop gifting Friday off during last weeks all school mass

In the past week, Archbishop Rozanski joined us for our Homecoming mass. The Archbishop has given us any day off of Mr. Welby’s choice, and he chose Friday, September 29th. 

The St. Dominic student body all plans on doing something different with their Friday off, many students plan on catching up on a couple hours of sleep. 

I plan on sleeping in and going out with my friends on the Friday we have off,” Senior Lucy Albers said.  

Sleeping in is one of the best things to do on a day off. It allows students to recharge both physically and mentally for when they go back to school Monday. Other students in the community plan on going and hanging out with their friends this Friday. 

This Friday off I plan to hang out with my friends. I plan on doing this because I barely get to hang out with my friends during the school week because I work,” Junior Isabel Stockmann said.

Many people have chosen to use their day off as a way to catch up with their friends, not being in the school building. Additionally, with the fall season just starting up, and we finally having cooler weather, being outdoors is a great way to gear up for fall. 

I’m hoping the weather is nice and I can do something fall-ish like go apple picking, or to the Pumpkin Patch,” English/ Journalism teacher, Ms. Robbins said.  

Getting outside on this lovely Friday off, will help reduce some of the stress that you may have from school and help refresh. However, other students are starting early in the year looking for their future college and learning more about what they want to do, once they are out of highschool.  

“I plan on going on a college visit to MO State because I will already be out of town for the state cup for soccer and it will help me decide what college I want to go to after high school,” Junior Alison Mylenbusch said. 

No matter what grade you are in it’s never too late to start looking ahead into your future. Continuing on with Friday, if you are looking to have some school spirit, we have an exciting football game again on home turf. 

“This Friday, I plan on spending my night under the Friday night lights, cheering on the football team,” Junior Ava Pritt said. 

Come out and support your St. Dominic Crusaders under the lights at six o’clock, against Springfield Central. Friday is going to give us a chance to sit back and rewind, and catch up on sleep, schoolwork and friends. We hope everyone enjoys their relaxing Friday off!