• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

New Year New Teachers

Will Dery
Mr. Hammerschmidt is ready to take on the school year

The new school year brings many new faces including teachers. Some of these teachers include Ms. Boyle, Mr. Hammerschmidt, Mrs. Fisher Reed, and Mr. Seder. These teachers have impacted the school already in a positive light. 

In the history department, the school has gotten two new teachers, Mr. Hammerschmidt and Ms. Boyle. History can definitely be a hard subject to teach, but they both do it in a way that students can learn exceptionally well. 

“I wanted to teach social studies and they offered me classes that I was really excited to teach. I heard it was a great community and great place to work,” Ms. Boyle said. 

Ms. Boyle has been a teacher for a while, but at a completely different school. She taught at an alternative school in the Fort Zumwalt District. Going from a public school to a private school was a significant change for her.

“I taught at an alternative school last year so the class sizes were a lot smaller, and the school spirit is at a whole different level here. St. Dominic is so different from other schools because the faith center practices brings everyone closer together, and to a common goal of advancing in your education and in faith,” Ms. Boyle said. 

It’s amazing to see how well Ms. Boyle has adapted to the St. Dominic community. The school is so lucky to have her. Another new history, Mr. Hammerschmidt has also seemed to fit into the St. Dominic community just as well. 

“The school is just all about community and all about the students. I absolutely love every aspect of that. I love being a part of something that’s fun, loving, and surrounded by God and everything like that,” Mr. Hammerschmidt said. 

Mr. Hammerschmidt is already brightening up the halls this year at St. Dominic. He always has a friendly smile and always greets his students. One can already tell how much positivity Mr. Hammerschmidt will bring to the school community during this school year. 

“I love watching my students grow over the four years that they’re here and just kind of watching that light bulb click when things make sense to them. I just really enjoy watching them reach their full potential,” Mr. Hammerschmidt said. 

Anyone who has Mr. Hammerschmidt can truly see how genuine, and caring he is about his students. He is motivated to teach, and teaching is not always an easy job but he sure does a great job at it. 

History’s not the only department getting new teachers. The science department has brought in a new teacher named Mr. Seder, who teaches classes like chemistry and physics. Mr. Seder has a long background in the science field and exceeds what he teaches. Mr. Seder taught at CBC for a couple of years, but he is now moving to St. Dominic. 

“I am very excited about the opportunity to teach at St. Dominic High School. All the faculty and administration with whom I have had contact have been open, friendly and very supportive,” Mr. Seder said. 

It’s safe to say that Mr. Seder has a love for teaching, and is always looking for ways to help students learn and grow not only as students but as people.

Another teacher who shares a love for teaching is Mrs. Fisher Reed also known as Mrs. Fish. She teaches in the literature department. Mrs. Fisher Reed has been a teacher for most of her life, and is excited about getting to teach at St.Dominic High School. 

“I think my favorite part about teaching is the opportunity to learn from and about my students. I also like learning about my students through their writing. It is a great honor to get a sneak peek into their lives as they share themselves through their writing,” Mrs. Fisher Reed said. 

All these teachers have a deep love for their work and helping students become successful. Without teachers, St. Dominic would not be what it is today. All teachers, new or old, are helping St. Dominic become a better place.