St. Dominc’s Winter Play is on the Way!

Mya Roberson

Miracle on 34th Street premieres this upcoming weekend.

St Dominic’s winter play will be performed this weekend by the known and loved theater program. The three showtimes will show students a performance about truthfulness and imagination.

The play showtimes will be on January 13th and 14th at 7pm, as well as January 15th at 3pm. Mrs. Peters, the theater director, can’t wait to show the play’s debut. 

“The play Miracle on 34th Street is about a man who claims to be the real Santa Claus. The pay unfolds as the people of New York City have to determine whether this man is truthful or crazy,” Peters said. 

Miracle on 34th Street also relates to our faith. The main character must make others believe who he is with little proof, and hopes they have enough faith to believe him. 

“A correlation of our faith and the show is the parallel of Kris Kringle and Jesus. They both have these unbelievable claims sto who they are and the rest of the world has to decide whether or not they believe them. It all depends on faith and what faith is. Faith is believing in something you can’t see,” Peters said. 

Student leaders help Mrs. Peters with tasks and goals in plays. Samantha Kahrs and Aaron Youngman are two of the leaders chosen for Miracle on 34th Street. Mrs Peters is proud of the 60 cast members and 22 crew students who have devoted their time and effort, including the grade schoolers who are in the play. 

“My favorite part of the show is our grade schoolers. It is great seeing our students take on the leadership of including these grade schoolers and teaching them how to be the best that they can be,” Peters said. 

The theater cast and crew cannot wait for our school to see them put on this heartwarming performance. Come see them this weekend at the Amy Dickherber Performing Arts Center and see what this play is all about!