Open Arms at Open House

Families talk with club and sport representatives at Open House

Kalea Reeves

This Sunday, St. Dominic welcomed many potential future Crusaders on campus for the annual Open House. The entire day was an overwhelming success and a great opportunity to share our school with prospective families.

Led by our incredible student ambassadors with help from faculty and parent volunteers, families had the opportunity to take a tour of the entire campus, and take a peek at the new Center of the Sciences building. On the tour, prospective students and parents could ask questions to different education department leaders and the guidance counselors.

“It was a super great turnout. I loved giving tours and showing everyone what St. Dominic has to offer and how we live out the four pillars of prayer, study, community, and service,” senior president of the ambassador program, Alina Kohout said.

The student ambassadors were absolutely critical to the success of Open House. As the face of St. Dominic, ambassadors introduced potential students by preparing several weeks in advance with meetings and training sessions.

“The student ambassadors have been absolutely incredible. I’ve heard raving reviews from parents,” director of admissions Mrs. Bobbie Peters said.

After the tour, families could walk around the Fallon Family Center where representatives from every club and sport were available to answer questions and talk about their club.

“It’s a great way to get your information out to people, and they can find whatever interests them. It’s a great way to get them into Dominic,” teacher and club moderator Mr. Scott Moore said.

With applications for the class of 2026 closing on November 15, the entire St. Dominic community is excited to welcome many new faces. Open House was an amazing success for students, faculty and prospective families and we hope everyone found their home away from home here at St. Dominic.