It’s a Great Day to Welcome Ms. Day

Ms. Day is excited to be a part of the St. Dominic community.

Mackenzie Day

St. Dominic has encountered several new developments this year, from new COVID-19 restrictions to position adjustments. While some modifications have been challenging, one new change is nothing short of festive. As we begin to tackle the new semester, we are pleased to welcome our newest staff member, Ms. Mackenzie Day!

Ms. Day was eager to join the St. Dominic faculty after recently graduating from Southeast Missouri State University. This is Ms. Day’s first teaching role, and it is clear she could not wait to get started!

“I graduated from Fort Zumwalt West, and everyone who went to St. Dominic always talked about how close they were with not only other students, but with faculty, coaches and other St. Dominic families. A close community has been something I always wanted, so when the opportunity presented itself, I made sure to secure a position,” Ms. Day said.

Here at St. Dominic, Ms. Day teaches American Literature to juniors. She is excited to cover a multitude of topics, including her favorite book to teach, The Great Gatsby. Our new member is also looking forward to becoming acquainted with her new students.

“Getting to know my students is hands down my favorite thing about being a teacher. Each and every one of my students have a unique personality that adds something to the classroom, and I love discovering who my students are and who they will be,” Ms. Day said.

While Ms. Day is passionate about reading and writing, she is also determined to engage students in lessons that will aid them far beyond the classroom.

“I hope that my students learn to be fearless. Fearless to step out of their comfort zones, create original ideas and to be wrong sometimes. Life isn’t perfect, and I want my students to not be afraid of the imperfections of life,” Ms. Day said.

Although Ms. Day is ecstatic to work in a classroom, she did not always know she wanted to be a teacher. In fact, it wasn’t until her senior year of high school that she was inspired to pursue education.

“I had an AP Language and Composition teacher that taught me how influential teachers can be for their students. In her class, I was pushed out of my comfort zone on a daily basis and found out that I was good at a lot of things that I didn’t even realize I could do,” Ms. Day said.

Aside from teaching literature, Ms. Day enjoys watching the Blues hockey team and Criminal Minds as well as playing games with her family.

Ms. Day’s enthusiasm and motivation proves how lucky her students are to have her as a teacher. We are thrilled to invite her into the St. Dominic family, and we cannot wait to see what she has in store for this year!