Ballin’ Blaine

St.Dominic website

We welcome Dj Blaine, the new St. Dominic PE coach

The 2020-2021 school year is underway, and with that comes many changes and adjustments, including to the staff. We have ___ new teachers, and it’s important to welcome them and give a wave in the hallways.

Mrs. DJ Blaine is the new PE teacher at St. Dominic. Mrs. Blaine has had to step out of her comfort zone, as this is a year of many firsts. She’s moved to a different grade level, switched schools and embraced a whole new community with hopes of a warm welcome.

Going from teaching first grade to high school can seem pretty daunting. It helps that she gets to share her passion for basketball and sports with her students, as she is the new girls’ varsity coach.

“The basketball court is my happy place, and now I get to work there!” Mrs. Blaine said.

This is also Mrs. Blaine’s first time teaching at a private school, which has been different than she’s used to. She loves the prayers and faith-filled setting, and is excited to get involved in the St. Dominic faith community.

“I enjoy the extra daily prayers, and the mindfulness that comes along with that,” Mrs. Blaine said.

One of the biggest things that has stuck out to Mrs. Blaine most about St. Dominic is the community. She believes this to be a very special place to grow and learn, and many students and alumni whole-heartedly agree. The staff has also been very welcoming, and the fact that she can spend extra time with her own children who are now students here makes the experience that much sweeter.

“St. Dominic is extremely student focused—I am amazed at the thought and energy that goes into preparing for and teaching our students,” Mrs. Blaine said.

There’s no denying that St. Dominic is a special place to learn and grow, and we’re so excited to welcome Mrs. Blaine into our community and hope for the best year yet!