Dodge Doesn’t Disappoint

One of our new faces here at St. Dominic this year is Mrs. Dodge. Taking over Mrs. Strecker’s position as the 11th and 12th grade college coordinator, she has had her hands full all year.

Mrs. Dodge worked at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville as their admissions counselor before coming to St. Dominic. Before that, she was an admissions counselor at Truman.

“St. Dominic kind of came to me. I was quitting my job at SIUE cause I was not happy and I kind of just put in my 2 weeks notice and thought that it would work out, and then Mr.Welby called me and it just was perfect! When I came in, the girls at the front were so nice. Everything went so great with my interview that it just happened It was definitely something good that was out of my control,” Dodge said.

As college coordinator, Mrs. Dodge deals with many different issues. She prepares students and helps them register for the ACT. She helps students figure out where they want to go to college and what they want to major in. She is in charge of the A+ program and makes sure that student attend college visits and career days.

“I’m really excited to see my first class of seniors go off to college! All the students have been great and I’m excited to see where you guys go to college and everything so that I can really support you guys in that,” Dodge said.

Mrs. Dodge is excited for the year ahead and can’t wait to work with and meet the students of St Dominic.