313: Celebrate St. Dominic

St. Dominic’s 313 fundraising celebration this Wednesday was a huge success, with fun games, delicious treats and generous donations making this year’s celebration one to remember.

“I like 313 day because it is a fun way for the St. Dominic community to come together and celebrate St. Dominic. And I love the bounce houses,” sophomore Elli Hagan said.

To start off this exciting day, Mr. Welby, along with the cheerleaders, welcomed everyone into school. From there, Mr. Dempsey and Mrs. Fetter were inside handing out stickers and doughnuts. All who donated five dollars celebrated by wearing their comfortable dress down outfits.

Although doughnuts were a great way to start the celebration, the staff raised the bar with Dairy Queen ice cream for lunch. To top it off, bounce houses were set up in the gym for everyone to enjoy after their ice cream.

As well as providing a fun day for students and staff, 313 also benefited the school by receiving generous gifts from students and donors, ultimately raising $52, 593. At the end of the day, 313 was all about the special and strong community bond that we have here at St. Dominic.

“313 Celebrate St. Dominic is so important to me because we have such a special community of students, families, teachers, alumni and alumni families, that it’s really important for us to take a pause and celebrate all of those people that are a part of our community.  Oftentimes we go so fast in our life, that we don’t take pause to celebrate… we take pause to celebrate St. Dominic!” president Mr. Welby said.

313 Celebrate St. Dominic was an awesome way to spread the word about what an amazing school we have and to thank those who dedicate their time and effort to making it that way. A big thank you to all our donors and to those who helped out, and we cannot wait to see what next year’s celebration will bring!