• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Viral Mexican “Aliens”: Fact or Fraud?

Henry Romero
The “alien” specimen presented to Mexico’s congress on September 13th

Two months have come and gone since the infamous subcommittee hearing of July 27th, where three U.S. military veterans testified that the federal government was concealing knowledge of UFOs and “non-human biologics” from the public. Now, a journalist has presented two — alleged — alien corpses to the Mexican congress, claiming they provide physical proof of the U.S. government hiding a greater alien conspiracy. 

No, this is not the plot of an X-Files episode — Hispanic journalist Jaime Maussan, testified under oath that the two mummified, almost doll-like specimens that he presented to his country’s congress were actually the remains of previously undocumented beings. Cozily tucked into windowed boxes, the two “corpses” were displayed before a panel of both U.S. and Mexican officials. 

“If the DNA is showing us that they are non-human beings and that there is nothing that looks like this in the world, we should take it as such,” Maussan said during the hearing. 

Among the evidence for Maussan’s claims were two x-rays of the unidentified bodies. Maussan said that one of the scans appeared to reveal eggs inside of the creatures. He also believes that more than 30% of the corpses’ DNA is unable to be matched to any identified living thing on earth. Apparently, Maussan’s self-performed carbon-dating revealed the specimens to be more than 1,000 years old. 

Unfortunately for alien enthusiasts everywhere, it seems that Maussan’s findings are likely more fabrication than fact. Maussan has been known to make outlandish, unsubstantiated claims relating to extraterrestrial life, all of which were panned by scientists as stunts, and conspiracies. This hearing was no different. 

“These conclusions are simply not backed up by evidence. The whole thing is very shameful,” Mexican archeologist Antigona Segura said, according to the New York Times. 

This has not stopped the internet from finding inventive uses for the viral photos taken of the little “aliens”. Their sad, shriveled appearance has sparked inspiration in online meme culture. Some social media users have compared the specimens to how they look upon waking up from a midday nap, or how they feel after math class. 

No matter if Jaime Maussan’s findings are legitimate or not, this is an event that no one is likely to forget any time soon, whether they are a believer or a skeptic in the realm of little green men.