October’s Days Off School

St. Dominic is ready to say hello to this October.

Tenor

The month of October brings St. Dominic students 2 half days and 4 full days off of school. Because of this, October is one of the best months to catch up on some much-needed rest and allows us to relax in one of the busiest times of the school year.

Wednesday, October 12th is St. Dominic’s annual pre-ACT testing for our freshman and sophmores. Juniors and seniors have the day off while underclassmen have a shortened day that usually ends around 1-2pm.

Friday October 14th, while still a full school day, gives St. Dominic students shortened classes due to our fall sports assembly. We get to cheer on and encourage our fall sports players and wish them the best of luck on ending their seasons!

Another date we have shortened classes on is Wednesday, the 19th due to our monthly mass day. This gives us a chance to praise God as a community and become closer as a whole, while still giving us a break from classes.

The 24th and 31st are possible days we can have off school, depending on whether we meet the goal of selling enough raffle tickets. If we get to a certain amount we get the 24th off and if we reach a larger amount we get the 31st off. For more information, contact Mrs. Ballard.

We have a confirmed day off of school on the 28th thanks to Arch Bishop Rivituso. When he visited our school and performed a mass with us last month he was so impressed with our participation that he decided to reward us with a day off away from school.

October is a relaxing month for St. Dominic students because of our full and half days off, as well as shortened classes. It gives us a chance to sit back and rewind, and catch up on sleep and schoolwork. We cannot wait for the month of october to start and enjoy our days off of school!