Splashin’ Into Invitational

Lady+Crusaders+compete+at+the+FZN+annual+Invitational+swim+meet+at+the+Rec+Plex+this+past+Saturday.+

SDHS Athletic Twitter

Lady Crusaders compete at the FZN annual Invitational swim meet at the Rec Plex this past Saturday.

This past Saturday, our girls’ swim team competed at the annual Fort Zumwalt North Invitational swim meet, with numerous relays and individuals medaling. The girls did a great job competing, and finished 6th out of 11 teams overall.

Starting off with relays, the Crusaders medaled four separate times. In the JV heat for the 200 freestyle relay, sophomore team Alli Herbert, Paige Phillips, Alex Parciak and Elise Newman finished in 3rd place for a medal. They also finished 4th in the 400 freestyle JV relay with a time of 5:12.34.  The varsity team of freshman Sydney Pickett, sophomore Caroline Cunningham and juniors Kallie Nero and Ava Kannady medaled and dropped time on two separate occasions. In the 200 medley relay, the girls finished 4th with a time of 2:05.39, which was six seconds faster than their original seed time. Later in the meet, the relay team also finished 4th in the 400 medley relay with a time of 4:12.29, which is 17 seconds faster than the seed time.

Relays aside, the girls also did a great job competing individually. Sydney Pickett finished 2nd overall in the 50 freestyle with a time of 26.27 and 2nd in her 500 freestyle, with a state qualifying time of 5:24.02. Kallie Nero finished 5th in her 200 IM with a time of 2:25.57 and 2nd in her 100 butterfly with a time of 1:05.09. Juniors Kate Ryan, Ava Kannady, Kennedy Angus came in 9th, 11th and 12th koverall in their respective events, and seniors Hadley Tylutki and Sarah Green finished 14th and 15th in theirs. Caroline Cunngham and junior Riley McAteer came in 8th and 12th overall in the 100 yard backstroke.

The Lady Crusaders have been working hard every day, and their hard work paid off this weekend! The girls’ next meet is this Tuesday at Principia High School against Principia at 4:15. Their next home meet is Monday, January 20 at 9:00 pm at the Rec Plex against Francis Howell Central. Wish our girls luck for the rest of their season, and come cheer them on at their next meet!