• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

The 2024 Emmys

IMDb
The 75th annual Emmy awards aired last Monday night on Fox

The glamorous event known as the Emmys was last Monday, and the category awards range from lead actor/actress, directing a series, animation, and more. The famous night had many surprises and lots of laughs, and many celebrities came home with a fabulous trophy. 

The 2024 Emmys took place at the Peacock Theater in Los Angeles. It was hosted by the wonderful Anthony Anderson, and he took us back in time through the years of television. All the presenters presented a set from a popular show from television history. There was an I love Lucy set, and a Sopranos set, which was really cool to see.

The Emmys opened up with Anthony Anderson coming out as Mr. Robinson, and he started singing about all the shows that shaped him when he was a child. After the very catchy intro, he states that if your speech goes on too long, then his mom will come on stage and tell you to rap it up. This happened many times during the night.

A show that not only dominated the Emmys, but also every single award show, was The Bear. The Bear has had a really good time at these award shows, because it has been win after win. The star of The Bear, Jeremey Allen White, took home an Emmy for best lead actor in a comedy series, while actor Name took home one for best supporting actor, and topping off the cake is The Bear winning the Outstanding Comedy Show Award. The Bear took home a total of six Emmys. If you want to watch this show, you can find it on Hulu or on the FX channel.

Another show that has been dominating at award shows is Succession. Three actors from the series took home Emmys. Those actors were Kieran Kulkin for best lead actor in a drama series. Sarah Snook took home an Emmy for best lead actress in a drama series. Matthew Macfadyen also took home an Emmy for best supporting actor in a drama series. The final season of Succession took home six Emmys. You can catch this show on HBO Max.

Tina Fey and Amy Polher made a surprise appearance during the Emmys. They reprised their spot at the Weekend Update desk for a special weekend update segment. For those who don’t know what a weekend update is, it is a 15-minute segment on Saturday Night Live, where two anchors tell jokes. Their jokes filled the theater with laughter, and it was a very memorable moment for any Saturday Night Live fan.

There are many other categories and outstanding actors that earned a well-deserved Emmy on January 15th. The hard work and dedication truly paid off for some of the shows and their teams.