• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Mizzou Football Makes School History

@MizzouFootball on X
Mizzou football finished ranked ninth going into the Cotton Bowl

This was a historical season for the Mizzou Tigers football team. They started unranked, and finished ninth in the country, which is the highest in school history. For the regular season, the Tigers went 10-2, their best since 2014. Head Coach Eliah Drinkwitz led his team alongside dedicated players. 

Junior Quarterback Brady Cook was stable throughout the season, and led the team to some incredible victories throughout the whole season. Overall, he passed for 3,183 yards, and rushed for 253 yards. Cook was named SEC Football Scholar of the Year. He dominated on, and off the field, but the job is not quite done. The Tigers face Ohio State on the 29th in the Cotton Bowl Classic. That is a very good bowl game against the storied Ohio State team. 

“The fourth-year signal caller earned his bachelor’s degree in December 2022, and is enrolled in a master’s program at the university. Cook is also a three-time member of the SEC academic honor roll during his time with the Tigers,” according to MizzouCentral. 

Luther Burden III, is a five star wide receiver recruit, from East St. Louis High school. This season he has 1,197 receiving yards, and had eight touchdowns. Even though Burden can not get drafted this year in the NFL, he already has teams lining up for him. 

“Missouri wide receiver Luther Burden III isn’t draft-eligible until 2025, but scouts are already taking note of his ability. He’s dynamic after the catch and has rare speed in the open field. Burden will be very high on our early 2025 mock drafts, and rankings,” Matter Miller said, according to bleacherreport.com. 

Alongside Cook and Burden, is running back, Cody Schrader. He was a walk on in 2022 from Truman State, and finished the 2022 season by leading the team with 745 rushing yards. This season Schrader ran a total of 1,489 impressive yards.  Not only that, he also made SEC history by being the first player with 200 rushing yards and 100 receiving yards in a single game. 

“Missouri’s running back Cody Schrader, was named a Doak Walker Award finalist on Tuesday. Schrader may not have the most rushing yards or touchdowns, but he has helped lead Missouri to its best record since 2014,” according to MizzouCentral. 

Known as the thicker kicker because of his size, is senior Harrison Mevis. He made SEC history in the game against K- State, from 61 yards out he kicked the game winner. At the time, Mizzou was unranked, K- State was ranked number 15. That win put Missouri football on the map. 

Missouri football will not be the same after this season. The perseverance, and dedication put into the field from this squad, is truly amazing. They compete in the Cotton Bowl against powerful Ohio State on December 29th on ESPN. Make sure to tune in!