Thrift Shopping is All The Rage

Goodwill+has+become+the+center+of+all+new+trends+in+2022+

Mike Detmer

Goodwill has become the center of all new trends in 2022

Thrift stores are becoming more popular due to the affordability and convenience of them, and St. Dominic students can’t get enough of this new trend. Across the school students have revamped thrift stores, and began to appreciate all of the items they have to offer at such a discounted price. 

One reason people like thrift shopping is the variety of clothing thrift stores offer. For example, sophomore Olivia Chipley appreciates all of the unique and different items second hand stores have to offer. 

“The pros are that you can find pretty much any type of clothing at a thrift store, and if you need something last minute it’s easy to find something. My favorite place to go thrift shopping is Uptown Cheapskate because there are so many options of clothes,” Chipley said. 

Uptown Cheapskate is a popular thrift store located in St. Peters, and it has so many things to offer for shoppers. Another popular store is Revolve located in Wentzville. Junior Elizabeth Hogan enjoys spending her time at Revolve because of the quality and pricing of their clothing. 

“I like shopping at Revolve because their clothes are still in good shape even though they are used. I also like Revolve because I think that they have the best prices. I love finding good deals on various things while saving money at the same time,” Hogan said. 

Pricing plays a huge role in shopper’s decisions to thrift or purchase their clothes brand new. Finding good quality clothes that are also affordable is always fun, and sophomore Abigail Woytus especially likes this perk. 

“I like thrifting because it’s cheaper but still good quality clothing. There are many pros of thrifting, but the biggest is the price,” Woytus said. 

One underrated and forgotten pro about thrifting is its environmental benefits. Thrifting allows clothes to be recycled and reused instead of getting thrown away. Junior Lindsey Moore loves this perk because it reduces humans’ carbon footprint on earth. 

“My favorite place to go thrifting is Avalon. They have the cutest clothes for a good price. I thrift because it’s a good way to recycle clothes and get more uses out of them. I think that thrifting can be cheaper, better for the environment, and I find more clothes that I like at thrift stores,” Woytus said. 

Thrifting has many benefits, and it’s no wonder why people love doing it. Not only does it help our environment, it also helps bank accounts. Especially those bank accounts of students. Everyone can find cute clothing for half the price, and thrift stores will be around for a long time because of this.