St. Dominic’s High School Night

@StDominichs Twitter

St. Dominic welcomes families to Catholic Schools High School Night

High School Night is a great resource St. Dominic is hosting this year, and a great opportunity for upcoming highschoolers. The event is September 27th, 2022 and will be held in the Fallon Family Center. 20 different high schools that are part of the Archdiocese will each have a table set up in the large gym. Sixth through eighth graders will be welcome to attend, as well as their parents. The night begins with the “Highschool Fair” where families will be able to go around to each table and talk to representatives from each school to start figuring out what highschools they are interested in. 

“Following the fair, each school will have a designated room where they will hold three 15 minute sessions of presentations.  Each prospective family is invited to attend three different sessions to learn about their top three schools that they are interested in. St. Dominic will hold our presentations in the Performing Arts Center. High School Night benefits 6th – 8th grade students who are interested in continuing or starting their catholic school education by helping them explore what their options are for high schools.  Many schools have different programs available.  Some of these programs include different faith opportunities, sports, performing arts and academic courses.  There is a great fit for every student out there and our High School Night will help them find theirs,” said director of admissions, Mrs. Peters. 

The seniors have a big impact on the lower classmen. Most look up to the seniors for advice and a lead to follow. They have been through all of this for more than three years so they know from experience what to and not to do. Our seniors here at St. Dominic are great leaders and young adults, and are a big help as representatives on High School Night. 

“This year for high school night I have the opportunity of speaking and presenting about St. Dominic. I am one of four students that present to potential students what St. Dominic really is and what it means to me. We hopefully are providing a great impression of St. Dominic High School,” said senior Faith Henke. 

Seniors Carter Sommerkamp, Faith Henke, Phillip Hartenbach and Kinsley Dare will speak about St. Dominic and our four pillars: Prayer, Study, Community and Service. They will share many of their personal experiences over the past four years as well as sharing what St. Dominic means to each of them. The seniors will also inspire underclassmen about their possible future at St. Dominic. 

“I wanted to participate in High School Night to be able to be a reason why families choose St. Dominic. Being able to present St. Dominic allows me to have a large impact on where families choose to send their children for high school. It has helped me become a better presenter and person,” said senior Carter Sommerkamp. 

Our St. Dominic High School Night really highlights what St. Dominic has to offer.  Every family that attends will have the opportunity to explore our beautiful campus, meet our administrators and students, and get to hear what the community has to offer.  Families will leave with a sense of unity, and they will hear how successful our students are. They will also understand how prepared St. Dominic students are for college and life beyond St. Dominic.  Prospective Crusaders will see how much our students have grown in their faith over their years here, and how they have each been able to find so many opportunities in our community.