• Fans criticize Taylor Swifts new Album The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poet’s Department: Taylor’s Latest Album

• The boys tennis team celebrates Luca Ramirez for his dedication

Luca Ramirez Tennis Senior Night

Battle of the Bottles

Will Dery
Brooke Penrod and Lucy Ryan with their rivaling bottle brands

Over the years, two major water bottle brands have gained lots of popularity. The first being a Hydro Flask and the second being a Stanley 1913 Quenchers. Both water bottles have become the most reliable for a reason, having their own perks and cons. 

Hydro Flasks were the first of the two to come out. They came out in 2009, but ultimately gained popularity in 2019. Millennials, college students, and the app TikTok, made this brand gain large amounts of attention. 

“I would prefer a Hydro Flask because it is trustworthy, and keeps my water cold longer than a Stanley cup,” Junior Lucy Ryan said. 

Hydro Flasks are known to be extremely durable, and will keep drinks at their certain temperatures for long periods of time. They have two layers of steel with a vacuum between them. This prevents condensation and transfer of heat. 

While Hydro Flasks hold all of these amazing qualities, Stanley has their own perks as well. One of these is that they have a tiny base unlike Hydro Flasks. 

“I love stanley cups because they fit in the cup holder in my own car,” Junior Brooke Penrod said. 

Stanley cups also keep drinks at a cool temperature and will keep ice solid for hours up to eleven hours. This can be nice when you don’t want to constantly have to fill up your water bottle multiple times a day. 

“I would prefer a Hydro Flask because they keep things cool. I’ve been a fan of Hydro Flasks for much longer and I think that Stanley Cups can be a burden to carry around,” Junior Caroline Wheeler said.

This is one major turnoff of a Stanley. They can be extremely bulky and more of a hassle to haul around rather than a Hydro Flask. But, most Hydro Flasks do not have one long straw like Stanley cups and do not provide a handle to carry your drink. This can be a major turnoff for some people. 

Hydro Flasks dominate when it comes to a variety of colors. Most Stanley Cups come in silver. Also, a large majority of Stanleys and Hydros are sold at Dick’s Sporting Goods. They can also be found at Target and on Amazon. 

Both water bottles are amazing in their own ways. They do a terrific job at keeping drinks cool and are always reliable. These water bottles are definitely a must have.