Giving Students a Voice

Tommy Armour, Jen Sutterer, and Joey Kuhn

The best is yet to come next year with new student council members President Jennifer Sutterer, Vice President Joey Kuhn and Secretary/ Treasurer Tommy Armour. The trio brings many great qualities and ideas to the table and they are going to work diligently to make the 2015-2016 school year successful.

Sutterer, Kuhn and Armour are very excited to be the new faces of the St. Dominic student council. They are extremely pleased with the results of the election and are happy to be given the opportunity to represent the student body next year.

“It’s nice to know that my peers have faith in me to do a good job,” said Armour.

Sutterer, Kuhn, and Armour were inspired to run for student council because of their passion for leading. Having a say in what happens at school is extremely important to them, and they want everyone’s voice to be heard.

“I personally want to be a central point of communication in the school and represent the people of the St. Dominic community, to the administration and outside groups as well,” said Kuhn.

The team’s excellent leadership skills, confidence, organization ability and open-mindedness will help them in representing the student body. Additionally, their wide variety of involvement in the school will also play a large role in helping them to be the voice of St. Dominic students. Armour participates in Math Team, Robotics Club, Mock Trial and occasionally Gaming Club. Kuhn enjoys being involved in the plays and musicals, Gaming Club and band. Sutterer is involved in almost everything that you can think of at St. Dominic. She is on the Ambassador and Pro-Life leadership teams, she is a member of Model UN and she is on the varsity cheer squad and lacrosse team. Sutterer also participates in the spring musical, the school newspaper, her class cabinet, prom committee and NHS.

“I think that since I am involved in so much at school, I can make good decisions for the student body because I know the St. Dominic community,” said Sutterer.

The team has already brainstormed some new ideas for the upcoming school year, such as a talent show, dress code changes, more class cabinet involvement, bringing back the powder-puff games and a student suggested song list for homecoming. They have also received recent suggestions from their classmates ranging from big ideas such as a student lounge to simplistic, yet brilliant ideas such as serving coffee at the breakfast bar. The group is open to any ideas and will listen to all of the students. Sutterer, Kuhn and Armour are going to try their hardest to work with administration and make compromises. The group is looking for change and they want to help bring unity to our school community.

The team thanks everyone for voting for them and they look forward to strengthening and impacting the St. Dominic community next year.