Changes in Campus Ministry

September 30, 2021

The upcoming expansions to Campus Ministry has everyone excited

Jim Faasen

St. Dominic has always kept prayer and faith at the center of everything we do. As we continue to advance into the construction of the Center for the Sciences, we bring along the people that bring faith to our community—Campus Ministry.

Campus Ministry currently operates out of Mr. Andrew Struttmann’s (head of Campus Ministry) room in the learning commons. In it, Mr. Struttmann, Father Patrick Russell and student peer ministers gather to hold meetings and plan activities.

The new room in the Center for the Sciences will be more closely located near the entrance to the building, providing easy access for students. The new space will also be much closer to the chapel, and one of the first things people encounter when they enter.

“Prayer is the first pillar at St. Dominic, and it is fitting that the campus ministry office is the first thing you see when you walk in,” Fr. Russell said.

Mr. Struttmann is extremely grateful for the new room and the advancements to the Campus Ministry program that it will bring.

“I’m very excited to be in the new building. I think it will provide us an opportunity to minister to more kids and to make our Catholic Identity even more prominent than it already is. We are definitely blessed to have the facilities we have, and these facilities allow us to provide even better ministry to our students,” Mr. Struttmann said.

Along with the new room, Campus Ministry is planning on some new and exciting improvements this school year. There will be daily mass, new service trip opportunities and a complete renovation of the retreat program.

It’ s an incredible opportunity for our Campus Ministry program to be able to advance and expand its mission to help the all of the St. Dominic community grow closer to God and each other.