Beat Exam Stress

More stories from Allison Ruggeri

Beat Exam Stress

A little bit of stress can be a good thing, as it motivates students to buckle down and work hard. Unfortunately, exams can make stress levels get out of hand, which can stop students from preforming their best.

A good way to minimize the amount of stress that comes with exams is to plan ahead. This way, you can make sure there is plenty of time to look over and study all subjects. Break workloads down into manageable chunks and start working at your own pace. Also, get lots of sleep before and during the week of exams.

Another great way to deal with stress is to get organized. It is important to fill out the study guides that teachers give to you. There is nothing wrong with asking your teachers what to expect on the exam and on what materials you should focus.

It is also really important that students look after their physical health when studying for exams. Make sure you stop to eat regular meals and try to set aside 30 minutes a day to do some exercise, even if it’s just going for a walk. Eating a good breakfast on the morning of your exams is very important to help fuel your brain. If you begin to feel anxious before or during the exam, make sure you breathe deeply and take your time.

Although exam week can be a stressful time for students, these are a few easy steps that can help diminish the impact. With some simple mental and physical preparations, you can ace exam week with ease.