Thrift Shop ‘Til You Drop

November 19, 2017

If you are a victim of impulse buying, push all your worries aside. A timeless and stress-relieving investment that won’t break your bank is at your disposal—thrift shopping. Below are the cheapest local thrift stores for your leisurely enjoyment.

Goodwill

Goodwill

As a classic thrift shop, Goodwill never disappoints. The simple setup, friendly employees and crazy affordable prices all make it irresistible. There are several locations in the St. Charles County area—Highway K being the closest to St. Dominic. However, the best finds come from the Lake St. Louis location (my personal favorite).
10/10

Grace’s Merry-Go-Round

Shot of Grace’s Merry-Go-Round front desk on a dreary day in O’Fallon.

Grace’s Merry-Go-Round

Although it is no Goodwill, Grace’s Merry-Go-Round is impressive for a resale store. It’s a little pricier, but there are more high-quality options for every section of antiques, shoes and jewelry. The same goes for the clothes which, unlike typical thrift stores, are organized by color. The warm atmosphere of Grace’s keeps customers wanting more.
8/10

St. Vincent De Paul

St. Vincent De Paul

At St. Vincent De Paul, the products are a little too organized and the employees are a little too friendly. Nonetheless, it is stacked with endless vintage items like old sewing machines, telephones and more. The clothing options are less than mediocre, which unfortunately takes up a large section of the store, but if you’re planning to go antiquing, swing by St. Vincent De Paul.
6/10

Mom’s Resale

Old board games for sale at Mom’s Resale.

Mom’s Resale

If you take Bryan Road to or from school, consider stopping by Mom’s Resale. This thrift store has gone through many changes this past year, all the while maintaining a rustic and vintage look. Cheap clothes, shoes and accessories are up for grabs. Mom’s Resale is no Goodwill, but it’s not a bad place to stop in.
7/10

When you’re thrift shopping, every day holds something new. No matter where you go, you are bound to come across wonderful finds that will last a lifetime.