Meet Mr. George

Known for his humorous personality and strong leadership, Mr. George is already well-liked in the St. Dominic community and that will grow as more of the student body gets to know him. Though he worked in different branches of education in the past, Mr. George is excited about taking the administrative path and becoming St. Dominic’s new vice principal. One reason Mr. George came to St. Dominic was for the change–he hadn’t worked at a co-ed school since 1996. Although he was excited for the opportunity, taking on a new leadership role in an unfamiliar community can be difficult but not here at SDHS. “Everyone’s been very friendly and outgoing to help me transition,” said Mr. George. Mr. George loves working with students and talks to them as often as possible. His new assistant principal position includes supervising the instructional program alongside the principal and working with teachers to create an educational environment where students can reach their highest potential. Mr. George did not always see himself becoming an assistant principal. In high school, Mr. George was a runner and involved in yearbook and newspaper. He attended college at Northeast Missouri, now known as Truman, where he majored in Business Administration and minored in Journalism. Mr. George worked at Notre Dame High School for 12 years as both a classroom teacher and the dean of students, and at Josten’s publishing and photography division until coming to St. Dominic. One thing about Mr. George that really makes him stand out is the fact that he is the only male administrator in the St. Dominic community to wear an earring. Getting an earring had always been on his bucket list. “I have had a bucket list for as long as I can remember…when I turned forty, I decided I was going to start marking things off my bucket list. When my wife and I had our 10th wedding anniversary, she got a nose ring and I got an earring,” said Mr. George. This list includes traveling to Rome and Egypt, zip lining, driving Route 66 to California, riding a mechanical bull, and running a marathon. Though born in St. Louis, Mr. George has family in India and has traveled there several times to visit them. Mr. George has been married ten years and has no children or pets. His hobbies include going to the gym, traveling, shopping at flea markets, cooking, collecting Muppet items and spending time with friends and family. “Friends mean a lot to me because a lot of my family is in India,” said Mr. George. As anyone who has ever talked to him can attest, Mr. George is a very interesting person. Two of Mr. George’s favorite TV shows are The Muppet Show and The West Wing. His favorite food is Indian food, which he grew up eating. Mr. George likes all music, with the exception of rap. He has been to 42 states. His favorite place to travel is to Kenya, where his wife’s family lives. For the future, Mr. George plans to be the best assistant principal he can be, continue traveling, be a good husband, and educate students for their future jobs. Mr. George is an asset to St. Dominic High School and is warmly welcomed into the community.