The student news site of St. Dominic High School

Apple Watch Series 3

September 22, 2017

“Freedom calls,” is the phrase Apple has chosen to describe the newest watch. With the Series 3 watch, one can be totally free from their phone and travel with just his/her watch due to the new cellular connection the watch holds. This new capability allows the user to make phone calls, send text messages, stream millions of songs and get notifications from hundreds of apps at the convenience of one’s wrist. Users can now leave their iPhones at home, and still be up to date on their reminders, pull up directions to a new restaurant and utilize Siri.

In addition to the basic Apple features, Apple has yet again outdone themselves by turning the Apple Watch into a sports watch. The new cellular connectivity work perfectly here, allowing users to check up on messages while they are on a run or even swimming laps. That’s right, the new watch is waterproof and will even keep track of workout time, amount of calories burned, laps completed and one’s total distance in yards. GPS and Altimeter technology has also been added for those who love hikes and long distance. Whether one is at the top of a mountain or on a treadmill in a basement, one can stream up to 40 million songs to get motivated. Live radio stations and a personal DJ (Siri), are also available at the raise of a wrist. Apple Watch Series 3 is in stores today. The different styles of watches range from $329 all the way to $1,399.