Football to Fistbumps: President Welby

President Welby greeting sophomore Emma Henke with a fistbump.

The familiar face in a new position at St. Dominic is President Jim Welby. Whether you’re a freshman or senior, everyone can agree President Welby is doing an outstanding job.

This summer, the tweet announcing Mr. Welby as our new president took the school by storm. There is no doubt that his leadership is making SDHS a better place.

“I love Mr. Welby as the president. He stands outside every morning with a huge smile on his face. His cheerful personality is so contagious. He brightens up my day and our school wouldn’t be the same without him,” said junior Madelyn Roettger.

“After the trick he pulled on us about leaving, I was really glad to see him stay around the St. Dominic community. Every day is a great day to be a Crusader with Mr. Welby around,” said senior Ella Kasubke.

His passion for the students at St. Dominic has always been unmatched. With this role, he has an even bigger impact on the lives of everyone.

“Since I’ve been here, I have fallen in love with the community, so that’s been huge for me. When this opportunity came up, I really felt like it was an opportunity for me to serve in a bigger capacity and give more of what I could offer to St. Dominic,” said President Welby.

Make sure to get a fistbump every morning when you walk in from your new President. Get to know him, because he cares about each and every person who walks through the doors of St. Dominic.

“I love how Mr. Welby greets me at the door every morning with a big smile and has even taken the time to learn my name,” said sophomore Frankie Paige.

From athletic director to president, St. Dominic is blessed to have such a humble and compassionate man leading the school. President Welby is setting out to make SDHS a better place for every faculty member, family and student.