Narnia Nostalgia

Every child longs to become part of their favorite fantasy world. For the cast and crew of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, this childhood dream is finally coming true.

Many students taking part in this show have grown up loving The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Whether they’ve read the entire series cover to cover, or watched the movie every day, this story is anything but new. The Pevensie children are sent to stay with a professor in the countryside to escape war-torn London. While there, they stumble into the magical land of Narnia, and join Aslan’s army to fight the evil White Witch.

Senior Kaitlyn Pepper will be playing Susan, the oldest daughter of the Pevensie children. This is Pepper’s twelfth show at St. Dominic, but this one holds a lot of sentimental value in her heart.

“It’s gonna be amazing. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always wanted to travel into Narnia and now I finally get to,” said Pepper.

In addition to the excitement of becoming part of a magical world, the pressure is on for the cast members to portray Narnia to be just as magical as they remember it.

“I plan to make the White Witch my own by not thinking too much into previous performances. While I can watch and be inspired by interpretations of the White Witch from actresses such as Tilda Swinton, I am not seeking to replicate them. I will try to look at the character from multiple angles, see how I can relate to her, and through putting parts of myself into the performance, hopefully I will be able to make it my own,” said junior Grace Wallis.

The theatre department has been waiting to put this show together for a while and they are more than ready to begin. Be sure to join the cast and crew in Narnia on October 13, 14, and 15!

Crusader Nation • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in